1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friend zone?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Justmeisenough, May 19, 2022.

1. Justmeisenough

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I met this girl at a dance in the most 2000's teenage movie way and we exchanged socials. I asker out on a movie with my friends bur she couldn't cause she babysits. She doesn't ever text me first or talk to me/meet up. Is she friend zoning me? She did say shes nervous to talk/text me but I have anxiety and even I make an effort

2. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We can only guess what she's thinking. Maybe it's just because the two of you don't know each other very well and she doesn't know what to talk about. Maybe she just isn't that great at texting. Maybe she has anxiety too and it affects her differently than it does you, making it difficult for her to text first or suggest that you meet up.

BiGemini87 and Justmeisenough like this.
  3. BiGemini87

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What @Aspen said: We can't know for sure, but I get the impression she's equally as anxious and just not great at breaking the ice. If you put two shy people together in a room, there's bound to be some awkward silence, especially when the people in question barely know one another.

When you met this girl, how did things seem? Did she seem attentive, like she was making an effort to pay attention to your words, body language, etc?

I know it's probably a bit frustrating, but try to arrange to meet up sometime. Maybe pick a place for coffee/lunch/etc. that's relaxed and not high pressure for either of you. It may take quite a few get-togethers and some stumbling, awkward silences, but if you find enough common ground (interests, hobbies, music, background, etc.) things will hopefully get better.

Now whether that blossoms into friendship or more is highly dependent on how you both feel after all time's passed. :slight_smile:

Justmeisenough likes this.