1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

friend issues.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by coolguy144, Jul 8, 2010.

1. coolguy144

So, I have a friend that I've been best friends with since pre-school. She comes from a very wealthy family (going by my small home town's standards) and has always had life in the palm of her hand's. She's always been very sweet and her dream was to be a doctor. Lately, she's been mixed up in the wrong crowd, and seriously is turning into a train wreck. She started drinking excessively and smoking pot. She's eighteen, but the most disturbing thing is that in February, she told me that she had been having a sexual relationship with her step-father, who is thirty five, since December. I had never been so shocked in my whole life. It took all I had to not burst into tears because I could never imagine a sick (excuse the French) bastard like himself doing that to my best friend. The good: he told her they had to stop. The bad: she wouldn't let him stop. The worst: her mom is an amazing person, and she could care less. She's moving away now with her family, but it makes me wonder how worse she's going to be.

I mean, it almost makes me mad that she's changed so much. Is it bad of me to think,"well, these are your decisions and you know they're wrong, so you deserve it." Buttt, at the end of the day, she's my best friend. Well, she once was. I've been holding in this deep, dark secret forever, and it's killing me. I'm stumped. I've never not known how to handle situations like this.

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There sometimes comes a time when the best thing to say is "I really can't bear to see what you're doing to yourself, so I'm going to have to simply stop
    contacting you so long as you're headed this way."

This is probably that time.

Lex

3. coolguy144

I agree with you. I almost wouldn't care if they got caught because she's starting to deserve all these things that's happened to her because she chose to do this, even though she knows what would happen, and he deserves to be in jail for being a sick pervert. I haven't talked to her in about two weeks, which is extremely rare for us. I think I'm just gonna let her move away, and sort of forget about her. It's her life and her choices, not mine.