1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Freaking out....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Curiofurio, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Curiofurio

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    so I'm freaking out my parents just looked through my phone found that I looked up some definitions of sexual orientations when I was questioning, and saved pan pride stuff on Pinterest. I blew it off like I was looking up stuff for my friend. I should have been more careful cause now they're suspicious and it's hard to hide it. My dad gave me this big talk about how it was a sin, even though I thought we weren't religious and he said we are going to start taking you to church.

And also I told one my friends (she's asexual so she's cool) and her brother heard us on the phone and said he wouldn't tell their mom. But if he does, cause I don't really trust him, her mom will tell my mom and I'm afraid of what will happen.

I've been planning to ask them to take me to therapy for a while but now that's not even a possibility and I'm not doing too good
    Please help they will find out soon

2. canadawet

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    How do you think they would react if they fully discovered your identity? Perhaps there are precautions you can take to ensure they don't find anything else out (regularly deleting browser history, using incognito mode, etc. Do you think it might still be worth it to ask for therapy to give you a bit of a safe haven from them?

3. Really

@Curiofurio

Do you know about the free crisis text line? They have trained professionals that will help you whenever you’re available to text them.

To start your conversation, just text HOME to 741741.

If you can’t get counselling just yet, this would be a good place to start.

4. Curiofurio

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I thought the helpline was just for crisis situations like suicide prevention. Do they also help with stuff like this?