1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fran Drescher's fight to save gay marriage!

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by beckyg, Sep 3, 2008.

1. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
  2. WilbersRevenge

i knew i liked her!

3. awesome.

you go girl!

4. Leigh

Leigh Guest

cool!

but i dont understand... didnt they just legalise it?

5. Eponine

I never watched her show, but I think she's alright. I'm really happy that she's supporting gay marriage however.

Yes, it was just legalized, but in the upcoming November ballot, there's a Proposition that would overturn the ruling and ban same-sex marriage if the votes favor it.

6. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's great to hear. She's a great icon. I loved her when she was on "The Nanny" (and still watch the re-runs sometimes!) and knew she was a great liberal (and Hillary Clinton supporter). Good job Fran. :slight_smile:

7. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Of course, someone had to infiltrate the comments section with their bigotry and intolerance:

Perhaps Bella doesn't realize that it's people like her who cause "emotional unsoundness" in the minorities of America. While there most certainly are emotionally sound gay people, there would be a whole lot more if they were able to express themselves freely without fear of legal or social rejection. And trust me, I can point fingers at a whole lot of emotionally unstable straight people.

8. Miles D

WOO!!! :eusa_danc

I love her... her show was so funny :icon_bigg

9. Endlessnight500

I agree completely. What exactly is emotionaly sound by that persons definition? Also, this person is not very smart when it comes to politics. People with power have always used that power to sway beliefs, always. Not nessessarily in a good or bad way, but money and fame gets your opinions heard. If you can use your power to get people to back you then It would be dumb of you not to use it. Like I said this person had no understanding of politics.

10. paint

Good news! : )

11. MeskElil

Awesome! We need more people like her here in Cali.
    I was saying that exact same thing at my school today. It's not about orientation--it's about love, for God's sake! *sigh* My friends are so closed-minded...and no, they don't know that I'm gay.

12. Sam

Sam

:eusa_clap

Yes they just legalized it but in the "great" U.S. we take a step forward only to be knocked back 2 steps.

I will never understand why people think it is their business who other people love, why they feel it is their business to get into other people's business, and how they think it is going to affect them if other people do as they please!:***: Ok rant over.

13. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The most frequently repeated answer I hear is that it would "tear apart the sanctity of marriage and reduce the importance of marriage for heterosexual couples". Every word is loaded with bullsh!t. Sanctity of marriage? If marriage were truly a holy, sacred covenant with the Lawdy, we wouldn't have the ability to divorce. Celebrities would stop hopping around between spouses every week, and the courts would have a very different number of wives who kill their husbands. Marriage is in no way a sacred event, and it certainly wouldn't be ruined by allowing same-sex couples to marry.

14. Tim

Tim

I loved her in The Nanny and I love her even more now... same with Anne Hathaway :O

15. Endlessnight500

yeah, the nanny rocked.