1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fortnite?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Kyrielles, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Kyrielles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Anyone play Fortnite? I've had the game in my library since it came out, but have yet to download... It seems like all the rage for a lot of people, but I'm still unsure about it. It doesn't look that great (which it's still in development) and I think it's a ripoff of PlayerUknown BattleGrounds, which I didn't care that much for, so opinions? I like the thought of 100 people PvP survival, but like I'm not really satisfied with anything I've seen or played that offers that yet.

2. Arrasha

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Played it, to me it's crap but that's just me.

3. Shoei Loei

Shoei Loei Guest

I haven’t played it myself (honestly, it’s not on my radar), and I’ve heard a lot of mixed opinions on it. I feel like people either really love it, or really hate it. A couple of my work friends have played it, and they say that it’s okay but not really to their liking. However, a lot of my students are absolutely obsessed with it, and it’s all they talk about. Some of them try to recommend Fortnite to me, but I don’t see it being my thing lol.

4. Kyrielles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, it's probably just going to remain untouched in my library for eternity, haha. I'm thinking it probably isn't going to be worth the effort and time to download. I'm a huge fan of shooters, but I don't think it's really my style after informing myself more. I'm more into 1st person shooters like Call of Duty and Battlefield, kind of hoping Black Ops 4 does some type of pvp battle royale/survival, I imagine it would look much better and be more up to what I'm looking for.

5. Kyrielles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I too keep getting mixed reviews, and the people who seem to love it like really love it, I think it's over-hyped personally.

6. Naters2000

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's okay. It's really not my cup of tea though.

7. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm iffy on the whole rapid building concept, but I think I'll give it a try at some point. I play PUBG a lot which I think is probably more my style but I can see the smaller map and quicker games being fun. Besides, I can't be much worse.

8. Shoei Loei

Shoei Loei Guest

I say to give it a try if you’re curious and if you have the patience and time to download it. If you enjoy it, then cool! But if you don’t like it, then you can just never play it again haha. I mean, the concept of it sounds cool, and I might check out the game myself eventually. But I also feel that it’s over-hyped. I might be biased though because I only have eyes for Breath of the Wild at the moment haha.

9. Blast

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Call of Duty or go home :sweat_smile:

10. Kyrielles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The rapid building concept lets me already know the anger I feel I'd get from this game. haha. I've seen so many wild videos of people using this to their advantages. Not to mention building something only to have it destroyed within minutes and the game ending. haha.

You're right I am curious, super curious. lol. I'm currently downloading it, had to delete some things from my PS to make space, so it's happening.

Huge Call of Duty fan here(minus world at war, it was the worst)! It's usually what I end up playing when I feel like playing a shooter. I'm still really into Infinite Warfare, it's my favorite of the past few that's released, play WWII occasionally, but not so much, Black Ops 3 is still decent too, but the graphics are horrible compared to the newer ones. And occasionally when I'm feeling real wild I'll turn on my old Xbox and have a throwback of modern warfare and Black Ops 1, 2. Are you excited for Black Ops 4 this year?

11. Blast

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have only played Call of Duty 1, Call of Duty The Big Red One, Call of Duty 2, Call of Duty 3, Call of Duty 4, Call of Duty World at War, Call of Duty Black Ops, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 and now Call of Duty World War 2.
    I took a long hiatus from COD when I met my boyfriend but now I have just gotten back in to it again :slight_smile: Having lots of fun.
    I’m not really bothered about Black Ops 4 as I am having so much fun on WW2 right now (just bought it a few weeks ago :slight_smile: ). The only thing about WW2 which I am a little dissapointed in is that there arent really any good sniping maps. Other than that, its amazing to see how slick it all is!

My favourite all time COD is Modern Warfare 1 :grin: But WW2 is definitely almost there now.

#11 Blast, Mar 28, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  12. Kyrielles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh nooooooooo, you like to play with snipers, always pissing people off, haha, jk. I recommend Infinite Warfare, it's pretty good, there's a couple good maps I've noticed people who like to snipe like, none of the pvp maps are really huge though compared to the old games (modern wafare 1, 2, 3) but it's good. I really enjoy playing Zombies on there too, it's so much fun, colorful, and vibrant, it by far has my favorite zombies of all the games. And WWII does look amazing, I haven't really played it much, honestly it in a way kind of reminded me of Destiny the way they've added the social hub (headquarters). I'm sure when I get tired of Infinite Warfare I'll completely convert over. lol

13. Shoei Loei

Shoei Loei Guest

Now I’m getting super curious about it too haha. That might be the next game I try, but I’ll have to get it for Mac...I don’t have a PS4 or Xbox One haha.

14. Kyrielles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay, so not gonna lie, after downloading I spent several hours playing this weekend. I still don't understand all the hype behind it, but I will say it's fun, I'll definitely play again. Not to mention I've yet to win a game, top 2 is as far as I can get, and this motivates me. haha.

15. Maddox232003

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I prefer PUBG. Not going to lie. Fortnite seems really childish type... If i want to play something like Fortnite. Minecraft is all that i would go for. Plus... Building buildings while combat... Magical shield. Guided Missiles...? Really Epic games?

#15 Maddox232003, Apr 18, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  16. Kyrielles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have to disagree, I thought it was a ripoff of PUBG at first which is why I wasn't too stoked about it, but I gave it a chance and it's actually really fun. I wouldn't consider it a childish type game just because of the cartoon-y look of the game, it's a decent survival shooter. I also wouldn't compare it to Minecraft at all, two completely different style games. And I won't lie I wasn't too fond of the rapid building concept at first, but after playing the first few times I realized it actually requires some skill to rapid build while in a gunfight and succeed. Safe to say I'm now a fan of the rapid building concept. haha. Also there's no magical shield, or I've yet to see one that is. There are consumable shields which I would consider the same as having armor which is available in about every shooter game including PUBG.

I think you should give it a try before knocking it.

#16 Kyrielles, Apr 20, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2018