1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For people who have dated both, are same sex relationships better?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Love4Ever, May 19, 2018.

?

Are Same Sex Relationships easier/more satisfying?

1. Yes, this has been true for me in my experience

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. No, this hasn't been true for me in my experience

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  1. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Obviously, "better" is a subjective term. But overall, do those of you who are in same sex relationships or who have been in them before, feel that it is easier? Do you have more things in common? Is it easier to communicate with each other? Is the sex better? Do women know better how to please women and men better how to please men? Overall thoughts?

#1 Love4Ever, May 19, 2018
    Last edited: May 19, 2018
    normalwolverine likes this.
  2. hmmm23968

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey! I think it really depends on a ton of different things. I think sometimes I'm scared of entertaining the thought of preferring same sex relationships because that would make things much harder.

I think it just depends on a lot.

female
    nyc
    bisexual

3. azzi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's hard to vote. Easier and satisfying are completely different categories. I'm bi and closeted so same sex relationship :two_women_holding_hands: on my previous experience was definitely not easier but absolutely satisfying :slight_smile:

#3 azzi, May 19, 2018
    Last edited: May 19, 2018
  4. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've had a lot of experience with women, but there's no comparison between that and my current same sex relationship. Everything is better with another guy. Yea we do have a lot more in common, and it's much easier to communicate. With girls there was always a disconnect when it came to actually talking about things, they'd want to gossip or talk about girl stuff for hours and in my mind I'd be like 'oh my gosh stop talking already I don't care that Jennifer from art class didn't like Kelly's ceramic sculpture of a puppy!'

When it comes to sex it's so much better with a guy. I liked sex with girls a lot but with a guy everything is way more intense and the emotions are incredibly strong. Even the orgasm is much more powerful and enjoyable. I think guys are better at pleasing other guys just because we know what things actually feel like for the other person. A girl will never actually know how things feel for the guy, but a guy can try it on himself and adjust the technique until it feels perfect so they can please their partner the best way possible.

Circling back to the communication part - it also seems easier to initiate sex with a guy. With most girls unless it was at a party or something there would have to be a bunch of subtle convincing over hours and slowly trying to get them to be willing to have sex that day because they didn't want to give it up too easily or they'd feel slutty. With a guy it's more like 'hey babe can we have sex I'm in the mood' and that's all it takes.

5. Limiteded

Limiteded Guest

So far I’ve only had a online relationship with a guy, nothing in person But from what I experienced it felt amazing. I felt like my emotions were so much then any female I had been with before.

BiBarefeet and Destin like this.
  6. BiBarefeet

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think it depends firstly on your actual sexual orientation, and then on things like one's internalised homophobia and fear of being rejected, humiliated or negatively perceived by others. Then of course, your partner's looks, behaviourism, charm and personality/character and their compatibility to your own personality/character will determine how well you get on, what you can talk about and enjoy together, and ultimately how harmonious the relationship will be and how happy in that relationship you will be.

Having experienced both sexes in relationships, then where I am right now (bisexual but leaning toward gay) I would say the following is true for me:
    1) Sex can be extremely enjoyable with either sex and will depend on the attractiveness and adventurousness of your partner. But for me, sex with a guy is a bit more "kinky/naughty/erotic/taboo/exciting"...and therefore more satisfying and enjoyable.
    2) Romance-emotions wise, females seem to make better partners for me, as they get more "loved up" and are not afraid to express it. Also, it is much easier to reciprocate when in a hetero relationship in public, for obvious reasons.
    3) Companionship wise, as mentioned it depends on compatibility. But I will say that female partners (at least at the outset) are willing to please more, whilst male partners, being less emotional, are more easy going and easily understood by me.

So it's swings and roundabouts really, and very subjective, depending on a person's attributes and those of his/her prospective partner.

FooFight54 likes this.
  7. OutNow80

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    In my experience I feel less insecure when with a same sex, then I do when I’m in a relationship with opposite sex...