1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flirting when trans/GQuest

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Minnie, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Minnie

So were I to be at a club etc and start flirting with someone, I'd want them to know that they were flirting with a guy (or at least someone who's not female). How can I bring this up without ruining the mood? Do I just flirt and if it looks like it's going further, just say?

2. KayJay

It's definitely a tough thing to do! I've only ever had limited experience with this myself but hopefully what I've learned will be some help :slight_smile:

I find when flirting with someone that telling them before your first meeting is over is usually the best way to go about it. I know some people may not be comfortable with that though but it seems to save both peoples time if they aren't interested in dating someone not cis. I would only mention it if they were reciprocative and seemed very interested in keeping the conversation going.

I used to not do this in the past and it has lead to some bad situations for me because people thought I was just playing some trick on them, some were disgusted or other things similiar. Going through that to me is way worse than being rejected right off the bat. So I opt for usually letting them know as soon as I can.

It's never easy no matter how you go about it but I'm sure once you've been out there a few times you'll start to develop a feel for when it is right to tell people. Good luck out there! :slight_smile: