1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Five Nights at Freddy's 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Kizz, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Kizz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Five Nights at Freddy's 2 on Steam

Such a massive improvement on the horror. It's terrifying.
    I think the worst part is mandating you to take entire seconds looking at the cameras to wind the music box. Before, with Foxy, it was a split second thing. It was a gameplay mechanic designed to make you need to look at the cameras, so you don't camp the doors. It felt relatively safe, due to the short time needed to keep Foxy in check. Now, it's much longer, and you really feel every second of it.

Also more backstory. Read between the lines, and you learn a massive amount of trivia from this game, that can be pieced together to reveal a very dark storyline of the Restaurant's history.

Still, this is a game I'd own, only for the token fact that I own it. I will NEVER play it. It is so much scarier than the original.

#1 Kizz, Nov 11, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
  2. Mariliss

Wait what- it's out?! I could have sworn it wasn't going to come out until next year. It's too bad I just spent the rest of my money.
    Though, like you said, I'd be too scared to play it myself anyway. :tears:

3. ChameleonSoul

Part of me doesn't even want to touch it after being scared shitless with the first game, but... I MUST HAVE IT NOW!

4. Justinian20

I personally think this is not scary, if people think this is scary, they have the wrong idea of scary. It's just some robots that want to stuff you in a animal mechanical wiring thing. It's also been released way too early for a game, two in the one year, It's just money that's all the makers of the game want.

I would not get this game if I were you, It convinces the game makers that they can keep it stale and just keep releasing games therefore making you the customers pissed at the franchise.

5. DoriaN

Even though I find it terrifying and couldn't even finish BioShock due to fear; the game has kinda grown on me.

I mean I still screamed when watching other people play and had to pause a couple times, but once you learn the first game's patterns rhythms and algorhythms it takes a lot of the fear away. Instead you just brace for anticipation.

Jump scares are my absolute bane, but if they managed to make the second feel much more random and less linear then ruh roh ;_;

6. RedSwiss

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Although I never played the first one, FNaF2 really isn't that scary...I played it with a friend, and she was sat there holding my arm through the entire thing because she thought it was "Scary". Its not even jump-scare, because you can see them coming.

Quite frankly, watching The Sunday Politics is scarier than FNaF2.

Anyone can make a generic jump-scare game, and slap a "Horror" tag on it, but what happens if theres no jump-scare either?

7. Alexandra Lily

I think I'll stick to watching the game personally. As much as it seems to be an alright game, it's not my kinda thing. I'll certainly watch people get scared about it though. It's a bit like Slender with me. It tries to be scary, and so many people find it scary, but I don't really pay it any attention.

8. RainDreamer

The scare here only works for people who waits for that scare. The trick that make FNaF scary is to entice the player into paranoia on their own. It plays on the human mind when we notice the inconsistency in before/after state, that makes we go "Wait. What was that? It wasn't here a bit ago." And "Wait. Wasn't there something here not long ago?". If the players are the kind that doesn't pay attention to things much, they might only get the jump scare at the end only, and that was it. If the player pay attention too much and keep calm about the whole thing, they see the inner working of the game and it stops being scary. It scare the people who is tense, but submit themselves into the atmosphere, when the pressure piles on as the inconsistencies piles up and things become much more active and swept the player away with their paranoia, not knowing what is going on and where things are, losing control, it becomes very, very scary.

9. DoriaN

I started watching markplier play it, and let's say I shrieked at the first thing that went wrong xD

My family is asleep too, so I'm not going to watch until they wake up lmao.

10. Bubble Bun

Bubble Bun Guest

I really want to purchase it, but I don't know if I'm stable for that game, I find it creepier than the first. (ノдヽ)

However I prefer the first game, it is much more simple.

11. Cubiculum

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you go onto Scott's official website, the menu page has been replaced with an image saying "offline" with a black background, and it bares a resemblance to the FNAF font.

Rumors have been around on Steam, stating that Scott is working on FNAF 3 and *may* reveal something soon. If this is true, then this franchise is one of the quickest-growing ever!

12. Steam Mecha

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I was watching the Game Grumps play it, Looks crazy! It made me jump a few times.

13. Kizz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Loads of easter eggs and stories being posted about this, which is the main thing I love about the entire game. I'd never play it, but the story, images and easter eggs get me hooked on all the videos. Masterful storytelling.

The story about
    The murder of the children, proof that the Golden Freddy suit was used by the murderer, the revelation that The Puppet fused their souls into the anamatronics (and was present somewhere in the first FNaF restaurant) and that the Bite of '87 happened right after Night 6, is just amazing. I also like how they made this a prequel, including explaining just how they got into the state of disrepair, and that they were renovated after the game.
    What's also cool are the easter-egg anamatronics that can be seen at times.
    a bare endoskeleton (in the left vent, and in front of the puppet's box in the Prize Room), a "shadow freddy" in the spare parts room, a "shadow bonnie" in the office, and finally, a sneaky "balloon girl" under the desk, at times.

If you stare at either shadow anamatronics, the game crashes, just like it used to with Golden Freddy in the first game.

All cool stuff! I just love the little details. already got a decompiled version of the game's textures and sounds to poke into.

14. ChameleonSoul

This about sums up my feelings playing Five Nights at Freddy's for the first time...

[​IMG]

15. The graphics are better, which makes this scarier. No doors? Scary enough for me. I hope that I get to play this one day since I don't have time at the moment. Played the first one though, didn't make it past night 3.