1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Girlfriend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by NickiFire, Jan 28, 2019.

1. NickiFire

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey everyone! So I'm a 20-year-old girl and for over a year now I've known I'm much more into girls than guys. I mostly identify as gay. For me personally I'd been struggling finding someone I truly connected with, even after discovering I was into girls. I started using a dating app and even on there I just didn't seem to connect with anyone and I was starting to worry I'd never be happy.

Wellll about two weeks ago I met a wonderful girl who's an exchange student from Scotland (I'm in Canada). She has the cutest smile, the cutest accent, and her and I just hit it off so well. We're both very wholesome people and even though we're both 20 we haven't had much experience dating other girls. We've seen each other every day since and we just smile so much together and kind of gravitate to each other. We haven't kissed yet but I want to kiss her soon, because everything just feels so right (for the first time ever).

This wasn't a problem post, I just wanted to let y'all know that I'm really, really happy and that it absolutely gets better!!! It took over a year of me being 'out' to find someone who makes my heart flutter. So don't stress too much and don't rush into things - just be yourself and things will fall into place :blush:

Drizzle, Chaosbi, Love4Ever and 3 others like this.
  2. lookingup9

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That’s awesome!! I’m so happy for you :blush:. I’m only a year older than you and I’ve been out for a little less than a year. Still hoping this will happen to me because I’m so ready to have a girlfriend after all this time being in the closet!

NickiFire likes this.
  3. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Nice to get a non-problem post, thank you. Glad to see you got inspiration from another of our threads. Best of luck, that smiling a lot is a pretty good sign.

lookingup9 and NickiFire like this.
  4. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I’m so happy for you! I’m so fortunate too that I met my own girl late last year. I’m ridiculously happy now!

5. NickiFire

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yay!!! I'm so happy for you too :blush: We hear a lot about the struggles of being LGBTQ+ but don't hear nearly as often about the moments when everything just falls into place :blush: Sending hugs and good vibes to you and your girl :heart:

GreenRun, Meander and Love4Ever like this.
  6. NickiFire

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you so much :blush: Yeah we're just so alike and always smile and laugh with each other. I bought her a heart-shaped cookie today that had "xoxo" written on it and she loved it so much

7. NickiFire

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you sooo much :blush: Believe me it was long overdue, I was starting to wonder if I'd ever fall for someone. But the important thing is to not jump into any relationship 'just cause', and instead to keep looking for that person who will make you truly happy!! I don't know if this girl is her yet, but I really hope so. This will absolutely happen to you, likely when you least expect it. Just keep living life to the fullest and being your true, authentic self, and the person who will make you happy will stumble into your life when you're not even looking :hearts:

Meander, lookingup9 and Love4Ever like this.
  8. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You're doing all the right things.

Love4Ever and NickiFire like this.
  9. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, chiming in on these threads has proved to be good luck before! :slight_smile:

10. lookingup9

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks friend :heart:. You sound super nice, I'm so happy for you that you found someone! Happy gay couples warm my heart!:rainbow: