1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Date!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by CosmicWolf, Oct 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CosmicWolf

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So to preface this I am bisexual, in highschool and in grade 12, I have never been on a date or been asked out b4.
    So I met this girl a couple days ago and we hit it off immediately, since then we have been snapping back and forth for like 3 days straight.
    I have been dropping hints for the last couple days, and then last night she started hinting back. So I asked her out today, and she said yes :slight_smile:
    She suggested going to see a movie so we are gonna go watch predator.

I am really nervous, this is my first date ever and its also my first relationship with a girl. I'm not really even sure what to do on a first date, especially one at a theater.
    I mean usually when I thought of first dates it was getting to know the other person, but we have kind of already covered that the last few days with talking on Snapchat and irl, so this will be more of a second date sorta experience.

I don't want to rush into things too quick, or go too slow, so idk guess I am just lookin for feedback from anyone who has been on a date b4 as to what they did. I know it will all come down to the moment and what feels right then, I just am the kind of person who likes to prepare before hand.

2. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well I couldn't just leave this one hanging. :slight_smile: First, congratulations! You two seem to be in sync with your signal-sending and receiving. So we can assume that she is just as excited/apprehensive as you.

I agree, what with these newfangled Facechat thingies (OK I know the names I'm just being silly) you have some -- or a lot -- of experience of talking already. Maybe while you're walking to the theatre or waiting in line you could ask if you can hold her hand? Never goes out of style.

When in the movie, don't sit in the back row and make out. That's so 20th century. If the vibe is right, you could rest your head on her shoulder.

After the movie... aargh, you have to actually talk! That's where a good tactic is to ask questions. People love to talk about themselves. Figure out if she's the type that hates interruptions, or the type that likes talking over each other (nicely of course). Mismatches there can really turn into annoyance.

When you part ways, a hug is pretty much expected, a little peck of a kiss (cheek or lips) is a bit more advanced. You have to see what signals you are getting on that. And remember to ask when you'll see her again. If you get started really smooching, well congrats again.

OK, I guess that's my pretending to be an expert. But I have been on dates b4 so I fit the bill for your request. Remember to tell us all how it goes! (As many details as you feel comfortable with of course.)

NickiFire, Love4Ever and CosmicWolf like this.
  3. illbehere

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, I don't really have very much experience given that a. I've never been on a real date and b. I don't have any experience with a girl (though I really want to). But, let me say, this is adorable and I wish you the best of luck. Also, maybe you can hold her hand or touch her knee in the theatre. Keep us posted!

Love4Ever and CosmicWolf like this.
  4. CosmicWolf

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks for the feedback ☺️
    The date is on Tuesday and up until then we r just hanging out at lunch and using snapchat.

After the movie I plan to ask her if she wants to go across the street to the Tim Hortons so we can sit and talk for a bit.

Lol the day we met we went to Tim Hortons and they messed up our order and we ended up getting a free drink out of it. So hopefully they don't mess up again... But then again free drinks are nice.

Anyways when we are at the theatre I plan to share a popcorn with her. They have an option meant for couples, it's a small gesture, but still cute. And yeah I don't think we will be making out at all, I mean if she gives me the signals or initiates I'm not gonna complain lol but I'm just not getting that vibe from her yet. Probably just hand holding etc.

I mean we are seeing Predator so there may be some action packed scenes that qualify for the holding of hands or putting my hand around the back of her chair or touching her knee. Idk we will see... I'm so nervous lol.

Also the whole school element is pretty nerve racking too. I mean b4 it was just hanging out as friends for like a day.
    Now that I've asked her out I'm not really sure how to act. I guess things will be clarified after the first date. I'll just go with the flow until then.

She was saying how she really needed a hug rn so I promised her a hug tomorrow.
    Which is another thing I kinda stress about cuz I haven't really hugged anyone in a while. My family isn't the hugging type...
    And there is a significant height difference to complicate the hugging process. I am like 5ft 10 and she is probably around 5ft 3.

Oh well it's just a small thing but with everything being so new for me I just worry about doing things wrong, which is inevitable, I mean what first relationship isn't just a bit awkward?

Lol I'm just a bit of a perfectionist and want to do everything right so it is hard for me when I can't make sure I'm doing everything perfectly.
    I know that is something I have to work on, and I'm sure actually being in a relationship will help. Assuming the first date goes well.
    Anyways I'll keep you all posted.

5. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Speaking on behalf of short people everywhere (my boyfriend is also 6+ inches taller than me) please don't hug us by crouching down until you're shorter than us. It makes us feel like a garden gnome to see you drop that far and then pop all the way back up from our level. Embrace your height during the hug, use it to wrap around our shoulders from above in a nice cuddly motion while bending your back instead of your knees.

CosmicWolf and illbehere like this.
  6. CosmicWolf

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks, this helps a lot.

Destin likes this.
  7. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    How'd it go ?

8. CosmicWolf

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well the date hasn't happened yet. It's on Oct. 9th.

9. CosmicWolf

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    And Update: the movie has changed to The Nun because the theatre stops playing predator tonight. So now there will be even more scary/spooky scenes.

10. CosmicWolf

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    And the hug went ok, kind of awkward I didn't really bend enough. But oh well it's just one hug. Live and learn.
    I think we will be much better at cuddling than hugging. Cuz when cuddling the height difference doesn't really matter that much.

beenthrdonetht and Destin like this.
  11. Rade

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good luck for your date ...we will be thinking of you...

CosmicWolf likes this.
  12. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Omg! Yay! I'm so happy for you. Please update when you can. I'm living vicariously through you.

Melancholy, Rade and CosmicWolf like this.
  13. BlueNeon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You can add me to the group of people who are both wishing you well on this date and waiting for updates. Good luck! :slight_smile:

NickiFire, CosmicWolf and Rade like this.
  14. CosmicWolf

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The date went really well. At the start of the show I pulled up the arm rest inbetween us so we could sit closer, and at first it was just our shoulders touching. She brought a blanket that we both shared. After the pre-show she put her head on my shoulder, and then a little while later we held hands until the end of the movie.

We shared a popcorn and she brought in some snacks with her too.

Lol every time there was a jump scare she was just clinging to my hand, it was kinda cute.

In the movie there was this one line that said "Mary points the way" so we were joking that I know the way, since my name is Mary. We had a lot of laughs throughout the movie.

After the movie while we were waiting for our parents to come pick us up we went into the arcade section of the theatre and played air hockey. We had some laughs there. There was also one of those machines where u punch the bag and it tells you how hard you hit. Lol she had me do that and I got a really high score, then the next punch I hit so hard it didn't register. Like once you hit it the bag goes back up but I hit it so hard it just bounced back and I had to hit it again lol.

So now she is saying that I am her guide and her protector because Mary knows the way and I can throw a punch.

I had offered her the option of going over to the Tim Hortons after the movie to get a snack and chat but her mom was going to be picking her up in a few minutes so she had to decline.

Afterwards I texted her telling her I had a good time and she said she did too.
    We are planning on going to a haunted corn maze near us since it is Halloween.

#14 CosmicWolf, Oct 9, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  15. CosmicWolf

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ooh and earlier today we went to this place that just opened up in town called Booster Juice. She had me order for her, cus she doesn't like to order things at new places.

Lol the lady almost messed up our orders but I got it straightened out.

She got a matcha smoothie and I got the "Marathon" smoothie, which is basically just orange, banana, cranberry, and protein powder.

We walked back to school with those and we tried each other's smoothies. Lol mine was so thick it was hard to get through the straw, but it was really good. Kind of tasted like that orange pineapple ice cream you can get.

illbehere and Love4Ever like this.
  16. CosmicWolf

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh and over the long weekend I made this drawing for her. It was two giraffes (I am really tall so she calls me a giraffe) and they were looking at eachother with a heart inbetween them and the taller giraffe said to the shorter giraffe "I think your hella pretty"
    I saw the image on Pinterest and thought of her. I put the hella in because it's a Life is Strange reference, and we are both really into LIS.

It is a bit cheesy but she liked it and it was just something to show her I was thinking of her.

#16 CosmicWolf, Oct 9, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
    illbehere and Love4Ever like this.
  17. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You guys have such a sweet sounding relationship!

CosmicWolf likes this.
  18. illbehere

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is so adorable. I have no words... she sure is one lucky gal.

CosmicWolf and Love4Ever like this.
  19. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sounds like a great time you got to hold hands

Love4Ever and CosmicWolf like this.
  20. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun: