1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First crush story

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by GreenRun, Oct 13, 2018.

1. GreenRun

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Recently I as trying to remember who my first crush was, and I came across a old memory I hadn't thought about in years. It made me laugh, and I hope it brightens someone else's day, too.

When I was five years old, I had a massive crush on this other girl in kindergarten. I was totally infatuated with her, even though she hated my guts. She was the type of popular girl who thinks she's better than everyone else and has those two groupies that follow her around everywhere. I wanted to be one of those groupies, I wanted her to love me.

One day I came up with the plan that I was going to draw her a beautiful picture to show her how much I liked her. The picture, ironic enough, was a rainbow. Of course it was a rainbow! My first lesbian crush and I draw her a rainbow. Why not.

So I went and gave her this picture that I had worked so hard on, and she looked at it and said that it was upside down. I looked and saw the rainbow curving away from me, and she a facing me so I said that no, it was right side up. She sighed and said that the rainbow was upside down, not the picture. Everybody knows that rainbows go from purple to red, not red to purple. I was devastated. Every rainbow i had ever seen went from red to purple! Now she would never like me! She went and broke my little gay heart.

I bawled my eyes out in the car, still holding the picture. I think I had held it during the whole school day. My mom consoled me in the car, and convinced me to stop trying to be friends with someone who was always so mean to me. She also reassured me that rainbows do indeed go from red to purple.

I hadn't thought about this in years, and I found it pretty hilarious, especially that I drew her a rainbow of all things. Hope someone else is able to laugh at my failed kindergarten romance.

2. jadeholt11

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    that's funny that your first gay experience was one that involved you drawing a rainbow! mine wasn't until much later when i was in 5th grade. there was a girl in my class and i became friends with her but my parents for some reason did not approve so they did not let me hang out with her and i remember just being heartbroken and i did not know why because we weren't that close but i would just look at her and blush and well now i know it's because i am a lesbian lol

3. GreenRun

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Wow, well I guess I'm not the only one who totally didn't recognize a crush. I feel like I have had the same experience you describe several times over the years, I just can't remember the exact details. I probably buried those memories deep down like this one.

I hadn't thought about this in years, I had forgotten it totally, in fact. I had been thinking my first crush was this boy I kinda liked in first grade, but it was a platonic thing. Then I remembered this and the rainbow thing, and I literally burst out laughing! Of course it was a rainbow!

After I posted this I went and found my kindergarten yearbook, and I found this girl's picture. I lost it when I saw her hair. I have noticed over the past year or so that I have quite a thing for women with curly hair, especially those really tight natural curls. This girl had the curliest hair I have ever seen in my life! Apparently I have always had a type!

I'm glad someone else got a kick out of my failed first crush story. Sometimes you just need to laugh at yourself!

4. bzkilintn

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm sure I had crushes in Infants and Junior school, but my first main guy crush was a lad called Levi in my year at secondary school. He was a black leather trench coat wearing cybergoth, one non-uniform day he turned up in a leather skirt, fish nets and a full face of make up and I've never been the same since :laughing:

Then when I was about 15 my best friend had a house party, after everyone fell asleep I stayed up on MSN talking to a girl I'd just met on MySpace. She was out as lesbian with everyone and talked about talking me to gay pride (She was on webcam so I knew she was a legit human). Before I knew it, everyone was waking up and it was mid-day. It took me a day or two to realise I kinda liked this girl and that wasn't normal. So I deleted her on MSN, blocked her from MySpace and never spoke to her again. (15 year old me, thinking that's how you solve gayness haha)