1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fire Emblem Fates

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Hiems, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Hiems

[YOUTUBE]94CCxVMltQY[/YOUTUBE]

So this game is already released in Japan and sales there seem to be good. I expect the same to happen in the U.S. too, as I think it's living up to the hype haha.

Fire Emblem: Awakening was amazing, and I bet this is going to be as great or even better. New classes, interesting storyline (from what has been revealed so far), and awesome soundtrack :grin:

The game will be sold as two versions in the U.S: Conquest or Birthright. Conquest will allow you to side with Nohr, whereas with Birthright will be with Hoshido.

They're also introducing same sex marriage, but the type will be version exclusive, i.e. Conquest = two men, Birthright = two women.

If there are other significant differences between the games, then I might end up buying both :grin:

2. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I loved awakening! It was amazing.
    I'm probably gonna side with hoshido...I wish you could marry Aqua. That would be great.

3. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've sunk 224 hrs. into my single, lonely save file of FE: Awakening. Still haven't finished it. I have unlocked every possible support convo available in a single playthrough and I'm almost done with the process of grinding my way into my dream team (perfect skillset, all stats capped, best equipment, all complementing classes). Which is all to say, I am beyond ecstatic for Fates , and beyond jealous that our Japanese counterparts have been enjoying it for 3 months now. One of my top 3 most anticipated games of 2016 for sure.

Definitely buying all versions, although I think we all know which one is superior(Conquest/Nohr).

Btw, we should also mention that there's a third campaign, in which you choose neither side, called Invisible Kingdom. That one is coming after the game's release as DLC. And also, I believe here in the west we are gonna get both of the initial versions of Fates as a single game, or rather a single purchase. If not, then I bet we will get the same deal as Japan, meaning, buy one and get the other one for half the price.

Sidenote: I prefer If as a subtitle rather than Fates.

#3 RawringSnake, Sep 10, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
  4. KaelTail

They're separating the versions? Hmm... I don't think I like that. It feels like you don't have a choice in the game and you have to decide which side you're on before even getting to know the story and the characters. AND you can only have female-female or male-male marriage depending on which side you're on??! That's bullshit! My ideals in a story should have nothing to do with my orientation... This is very frustrating, because not only am I disappointed any potential complexity in "choosing a side" within the story progression feels like it has been taken from me, but I also have to pick a side if I want to have a same-sex relationship that follows my preference? I think I'd probably pick Hoshido, but I definitely want to see what the male-male relationships are like. I shouldn't have to pay for a game 2 times to do that. -_-

5. Hiems

^ Wow you perfectly summarized my frustrations.

I wanted to play Birthright (Hoshido) because the classes seem very different from Awakening, but it doesn't have marriage between two men. Most of the Conquest (Nohr) classes have classes similar to Awakening, but it has marriage between two men. And so it would have been ideal if Hoshido had marriage between two men :lol:

However, for me, a relationship that doesn't align with my sexuality is not a huge deal breaker.

Inb4 gay marriage that isn't available in one version becomes DLC :dry:

6. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I dislike the idea of separating the versions because I think it would make for a more interesting story if we could choose the sides. I would go with hoshido because I prefer their side to noir.

I'm pretty sure with the relationships, there is only one non-straight character besides Kamui (your avatar) and they are female in Hoshido and male in Noir. I think.

I'd go with hoshido for the different classes as well. I loved awakening and it would be nice to see new classes, though.

7. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're correct. It's not a case of "Buy this version and you can have f/f relationships!" it's "buy this version and you can, while playing as a female avatar, marry ONE specific female character as well as a bunch of dudes." And vice versa for the other version and the m/m relationship.

8. Ryu

Ryu

I noticed that alot of people have said that they're unhappy that the games are being split, restricting you of which side you want to go with. Don't be, if you download the game, which I think will start off as a demo, you get to actually choose your side, although you do have to pay for it first. Or I suppose you could wait for the third game.