1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fiona Apple?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Lambily, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Lambily

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey guys, I'm just wondering if there are any Fiona Apple fans here since I love her so much! I also wanted y'all to share with me some experiences you've had while listening to her music as well as telling me if she's helped you in any way emotionally like she did with me. On another note: where the fuck is she? :icon_sad: I know she did that one song with Andrew bird was it? She needs another comeback ASAP.

2. theskylitup

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yas gawd!!!
    I predict another 5 years lol

3. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes..I'm very familiar with her...I was given one of her CDs awhile ago as a gift. It was the CD that was really big for her that included the song "Criminal". I've heard over the past couple of years that she was supposed to have released new music and from what I've understand..it has been delayed or pushed back a few times. Eventually...it will get release because from what I've heard about it..it was supposed to be her big comeback.

4. DougTheBicycle

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My girlfriend made me into a fan.

TBH, J sounds like FA when she sings.

5. hollychristina

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yes I love Fiona Apple! i think she is so incredibly talented. I can listen to anything she does but Sleep To Dream and Criminal are still classics to this day.

6. Formality

Yes, yes, yes! She's one of my favourite artists ever. I found her a few years ago while browsing YT, the first song I ever heard of her was her cover of "Why Try To Change Me Now", which to this day is one of my favourites by her. I still can't get enough of her even after listening to her every other day since then.

Her writing is just as much an expression of her emotions as her voice is, like she said in an interview that "after she is done writing an album she feels like there is nothing left in her" and that "every artist should feel that way after finishing a project". I think this is the reason why her music is so emotionally loaded; because her emotions are the reason she writes. She doesn't simply write because she wants to make an album, she writes because she has to write. She has also said that she never knows if she is going to make more music, simply because to write she has to feel like writing. That is what I find so compelling about her and that is the reason why I just can't get enough of her music. It is really admirable, that she has that kind of integrity and that way of looking at her artistry.

So far I have yet to find a song by her that I don't like. Which is crazy, because usually I always find some songs that I simply do not like, even looking at the works of my other favourite artists.

I have no clue what she is doing currently, but I really can't wait to see what she puts out next. The Idleer Wheel was really good and so different from anything I've heard before. Looking at her track record I can only assume that her next album, if there'll ever be one, will be just as good as her previous ones.

#6 Formality, Sep 26, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
  7. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I liked her second album with the ridiculously long name. I thought her first was okay and wasn't impressed with the last two.
    I can really relate to the song "Limp." It reminds me of people I've known.

8. angeluscrzy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have quite a number of her songs on my phone and listen to them regularly.

9. Lambily

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That's cool! If y'all could choose your favorite album of hers, which would it be?