1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finding a monogamous car enthusiast relationship

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Hi512, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Hi512

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    How do you find a monogamous relationship these days? How would you find someone into the same hobbies as you? I’m a huge car enthusiast. Has anyone had the same hobbies and had bad relationship experiences? I wanna hear it all!

2. Vesta

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In terms of finding someone with hobbies similar to yourself, I would suggest social media such as Facebook or Instagram and reach out to car-related groups/posters. Another way could be through car forums. I imagine there's a lot of them. If you're looking for something more in-person, I would suggest having a google around for any local groups or something similar and see what comes up.

As for finding a monogamous relationship, I think that's a little more difficult to answer, given that each person you meet has their own set of relationship views. Such relationships are based on personal beliefs, cultural background, and other things. In order to find out what kind of relationship a person is into, the best thing to do would be to ask them and go from there.

#2 Vesta, Jun 28, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
  3. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It’s great to have a core interest in your life and then develop it in to something more.
    You can’t go far wrong by signing up to as many car interest groups as possible. Widening your circle of friends And, by law of statistics, you will come across LGBT people in this pool of people.
    And in the meantime you get a kick out of following your interests.
    And car interests can lead to touring, classic car shows, racing events and many more things.
    I think your prospects are good!

monogamy? That’s another question.. but I wish you luck!!

#3 bingostring, Jul 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
  4. Brandiac

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have to agree with what's been said before me, what you're doing (using a core hobby) it's a very desirable angle to dive in and search. I think everyone should try to do this, and dating sites should make it possible to showcase these aspects of you, because if there is substance to it, a relationship that develops out of that interest can be that much more successful. I know it worked for me to connect based on that, and not just "find someone for the sake of it" like many people seem to be doing it. I just went to a meetup with the same interests as I had and me and my SO met there by chance. I'm happy about that, because it started organically, and not via some sort of dating platform.

5. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can not think of one relationship that I have been in where my partner and I shared similar interests. The relationships were more driven by personality and chemistry then interests. Once in the relationship, we would find areas where our interests overlapped or where new mutually agreeable interests were developed.

Like you, I am a car enthusiast. My current boyfriend however only knows how to drive and use a car for basic transportation. However we have found common interests in working out together, Bicycling together, traveling together and preparing meals together (although I am the official BBQ Griller :slight_smile: ).

Finding someone compatible is not an easy task, try not to limit it based on a single interest and instead take an open minded approach. You might learn a lot about others, as well as learn quite a bit about your self in the process.

Lyman and Pole star like this.
  6. CGGuy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Oh my man, well, I was in the same boat, whether finding someone with shared interests or monogamy. My take is that as most have said, keep going to places where you might meet a new friend (aka drifting events, motor shows etc,) then see if they are gay, TOTALLY worth the effort and time (as much as it takes).
    For monogamy, I just be very straight forward once I have established that we have chemistry between us and be like "What's your take on monogamy?" Because to me, it has been very disappointing to work on something that is very different than what you want, so just rip the band aid. :slight_smile: Hope it helps buddy and good luck you ^_^