1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally... PrEP!

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by I'mStillStanding, May 1, 2021.

1. I'mStillStanding

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have finally found a doctor who will write the prescription, and my insurance is covering the full cost of the medication. I am starting prep today!

It’s been a nerve wrecking day since I got tested yesterday and was waiting on my results... my new doctor is fantastic. She knew how super nervous I was and sent me message when the results came in today and even called in my Truvada!

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Great that your insurance is covering the medication. It sounds like things have gone well at the doctor. :slight_smile:

I'mStillStanding likes this.
  3. I'mStillStanding

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yea :slight_smile: I’m super excited about it being covered. I mean obvi since the paperwork shows my insurance saved me $2101 which is insane to think about.

My new doctor is amazing! She was telling me other services she does and isn’t sure how to let the LGBTQ+ community know. We don’t have any centers... like I have a friend who has been driving four hours for her hormone therapy, she’s trans, and that’s something this doctor will do. She’s is so excited to have a local health care provider who will work with her.

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Very happy for you that you have an amazing doctor who is looking to suppport LGBTQ+ in the best way she can. Having a good doctor can definitely make a big difference in building a trusting relationship that can go along way in supporting your (and your friend's) well being. :slight_smile:

I'mStillStanding likes this.