1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally met my love

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by bearheart, Mar 15, 2018.

1. bearheart

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I cannot believe that I did this. I met the guy I've been chatting with for 4 weeks, texting and video. We were open with each others all the time, we fell for each other the first day we chatted, it was valentine day's eve. We finished our text chatting by setting up another date on valentine day to chat even more .. and oh we did. By the end of the day we both admitted that we feel strong about what's going on, and admitted our fear that its going too fast too!

What can I say .. from since, we video chatted everyday, may be twice or three times even. We sometime wake up in the middle of the night and call each others, we'll be both awake and waiting for the unplanned call! .. it happens naturally, all is flowing perfectly .. which is scary. Sometimes it is too creepy (in a positive way); what we both think about or do at the same exact time! it is like we knew each other for decades.

This Monday we finally met face to face .. it marked our 4 week anniversary for the first chat. We kissed, our first man's kiss ever for both of us, we hugged, we cuddled, we enjoyed every moment we spent together, looking at each other's face, deep in the eyes, holding hands, all was epic. We even both held hands in public and didn't even give the slightest care what anyone thought, we weren't thinking about anybody else, just being ourselves for the first time of our lives .. both of us.

We spent 12 hours together, 6hrs per day for two days .. the goodbye time was tough as hell. But we were both happy that we saw each other. And still, the video chats, text, and phone calls are regular.

I sometimes think that this is too much for me, do I really deserve all this happiness? being scared of what would happen in the future, after our divorces are finalized .. we talked about marriage .. we talked about honeymoon plans .. we talked about life together .. challenges that we'll face and joyful moments that we'll share. We went too far for a 4 week long relationship, but hey, we both have been missing this for more than 50 years now, so why not?

I am sharing this with everyone here just to let everybody know that miracles happen. I met my man online the same day I signed up for the online dating service, his profile was what I was looking for, and mine to his. we chatted the same day. The similarity of our goals, our current life and our past is striking. When I signed up for the dating site I imagined that it would take me a few years to find someone who would have those similarities and who would be attracted to me the way I am to him .. it took a few hours.

Wish me luck, the amount of happiness, joy and fear is undescribable. But I am ready for the adventure.

2. DecentOne

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm so happy to hear that the in-person meetings went well! Good luck!

Fluffy PJ and bearheart like this.
  3. smurf

Why not indeed. This is so fucking cute.

Congrats on having he courage to follow your feelings and allowing yourself to feel all of it, even when its scary because you know its so early in the relationship.

Keep taking it all. So happy for you!

4. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    bearheart....Hearing stories like that so encourage me. For those of us whose lives have taken a different path, hearing what has happened to you helps to confirm that our society is changing...has changed a great deal. You are having opportunities that simply did not exist when I was young. I've come to terms with that and and am happy where I am now. It just feels so good to know that this can happen and does happen regularly now!
    ....David :gay_pride_flag:

Fluffy PJ, slowmo and bearheart like this.
  5. Rana

Rana Guest

OMG Bear,
    How excited, and hopeful you've made me! I know most people don't find love so quickly online, so I don't even expect that, but the fact that online dating worked for you gives me hope. I'm not doing online dating because I heard mostly awful stories, but this makes me think I should give it a try. Thanks for sharing!!
    ❤️❤️❤️

P.S. You know you have to keep us updated now right? :upside_down:

6. bearheart

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks @Rana. I did not have faith in the online dating scene either. And I was expecting a few years before I meet anyone significant. I am at a stage in life that is not stable for a committed marriage relationship, the way I would like it to be. Since my divorce is still going on, and I'm not even out to anyone in my family even. I was planning to buy myself sometime to start early. But as I said, it happened within a few hours from signing up .. crazy .. but real, very real.

I am so happy that I made you hopeful, I've read an earlier post that you made and felt tied, you were describing how depressing you feel, and I couldn't write anything meaningful to lift you up. Now, I feel better that my post made a difference, even if it is small.

I'll keep you posted of course, it is moving slowly though since we live about 6hrs apart. All what I can say is that things like that do happen, I certainly didn't expected it to happen that way nor that fast, but it did, keep the faith up, do your part, be involved, be cautious, and move forward carefully but surely, everything is going to be just fine.

Rana, Fluffy PJ and slowmo like this.
  7. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do wish you luck and every happiness and I hate to be the voice of caution when you are buzzing, but please try to keep your feet on the ground. It's still early days for both of you. I think you perhaps did go a bit far talking about marriage and honeymoons at this stage... but I can understand how and why it happened.

MOGUY, LostInDaydreams and spartafc like this.
  8. bearheart

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I totally understand your point @PatrickUK, I was giving an example of how we were open in our discussions. We both understand how fast this is going, and we acknowledge the challenges and limitations we have, we're proceeding with caution, but not setting limits to where we are going with our talks, hopes, wishes, and future visions.

spartafc and Rana like this.
  9. SoulSearch

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Much luck and continued happiness to you!

10. Sundara

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Bearheart
    I am so happy that you find your love. Congratulations.
    You deseve what you get now.

Greetings from a tropical country

Sls

11. Fluffy PJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Bearheart is not the only lucky one.
    He rescued me. Gave hope for the future. Yep I am the guy. He told me this road was not going to be easy. Slow down take a breath. The more we talked chatted and video chatted we told story’s that we never told another soul. The momentum just took off from there. 4 weeks in and we meet. Both excited and scared at the same time. Our fear were erased. I know I found my soulmate. Yep we talked about our futures. Short and long term. I ready and he’s ready.

Choirboy, spartafc, bearheart and 2 others like this.
  12. bearheart

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, @Fluffy PJ you are the one! :couple_mm:
    He is my love, I invited him to be part of EC because I see in him an excellent supporter that many on this site could benefit from.

Fluffy PJ and Rana like this.
  13. maybgayguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks for posting this. It is really uplifting and sweet. I loved reading this. I can see this being so intense for us late in life folks. We spent so much of our youth not having the feeling of being "swept off our feet" so when it comes it must be like nothing else. (I am not saying this is an immature relationship just such a new wonderful feeling). So happy for the both of you.

bearheart, Fluffy PJ and Rana like this.
  14. Choirboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations, @bearheart and @Fluffy PJ! Got to tell you, I had been on EC a few months when a new guy signed on, and we discovered quickly that not only did we live in the same general metropolitan area, we had a ton of things in common. After a few weeks we managed to meet in person, on March 9, 2014, and the minute our eyes met we knew something impossible had happened. We've been together for 4 years, have lived together for 2 1/2 years now, and have never had so much as a fight. We are best friends and partners; my children consider him their "bonus dad" and even my ex-wife admits reluctantly that he's a good guy.

Stuff like this seems unlikely and impossible, and frankly neither of us expected that we'd ever meet anyone, ever. But like you, we're soulmates and feel that we each saved the other. I'm so happy for you two! You are truly blessed to have found each other. It CAN happen!!!

15. bearheart

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Few months ago I read some of your older posts @Choirboy and couldn't believe that this could ever happen to me. It was some kind of a fictional story that happens only in movies, very unrealistic. But hey, I had to experience it first hand to be a believer! Thanks for the nice words and for your continuous support.

Choirboy and Fluffy PJ like this.