1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally going to start dating

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by tommycee, May 5, 2019.

1. tommycee

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I’m 18 years old, and decided that I’m finally going to put myself out there. The only problem?
    I live in a fairly rural area. There are about 100,000 people but due to it being the south there are not that many out gay guys out there. I know it’s going to be a struggle to find someone but I’ve wanted a boyfriend for so long and I am definitely ready to get one.

Another problem I have is my self confidence. For half my life, I’ve been insecure. I used to be a fat kid but have luckily lost most of it during puberty. That really took a toll on my self image though. I’m not currently in super good shape but I’m not even enough to be considered chubby. When I put in effort I think I actually look okay. But where I’m going with this is, my self confidence is trash and it does concern me going into dating, especially the gay community, that it might be a little harder at first to find guys that would be attracted to me since I don’t have abs.

I’m not sure where I was going with this, mainly just to get it off my chest I guess, but I do have some concerns and i would love to hear some advice from guys who maybe have been in a similar situation. Thanks.

2. Al92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I live in a small city, but I'm not out yet, nor I like the gay scene and stuff, also I am very masculine, that I believe everybody thinks I'm straight.

I have met guys through social networks like ###### (not recommended) and badoo.

Also concerned a lot about my shape because I am quite small, but then I met a guy who just accepted me and loved me just how I am.

You just gotta give yourself an opportunity and try not to lose control on your insecurities.

Eventually somebody will want to meet you, then both decide if there can be a chance for something more.