1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

| Final Fantasy XV | Hype thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by BornAnew, Oct 21, 2014.

1. BornAnew

| FINAL FANTASY XV | Hype Thread

This is a thread for the XVth Fantasy Epic due to hit us within the next few years!! Coming to PS4 & Xbox One.

[​IMG]

Here are all the trailers we have for the game...in reverse order (the last 3 will be relevant to what FFXV will be like in its Final Form...the older trailers are from the Versus XIII era)

FFXV TGS 2014 Trailer (September):

[youtube]fnDxg2afpCE[/youtube]

FFXV E3 2013 Reveal Trailer & Gameplay Trailer

[youtube]WEKNUCjcrMY[/youtube]

FF Versus XIII Trailer (2011)

[youtube]YiIx9VJWSl8[/youtube]

FF Versus XIII Original Trailer Extended Edition (2006)

[youtube]b6At_bb1PNU[/youtube]

There were a few more trailers but given above are the major ones.

It has been a LOOOOOONG wait...8 years so far...and the game has been through development hell. The latest we know is that Tetsuya Nomura was replaced as the director by Hajime Tabata (Final Fantasy Type-0 director) & that we are due to get a demo in March 2015!!

Anyway this is my number one hyped game so I thought I'd make a thread for it & share the excitement with anyone else who is! I love the atmosphere, music & world they are aiming to have in this game!

[​IMG]

2. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Stoked for it but still obsessed with ff14.

Cannot wait to see what the luminous engine can do.

3. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Level 1 trillion hype was reached at E3 last year. I didn't think I could be this hyped for anything and dear god do I want this game! Plus, it's a bonus that the main party is composed of super hot guys. It'd be nice to see some cool women too, but tbh, I don't mind either way.

4. BornAnew

I dunno what to think of the engine. KH3 recently moved to Unreal Engine 4 development as Luminous Engine simply wasn't working for them. We'll have to see. I feel like Luminous Engine might be dead & it might just be for FFXV & any sequels it gets..making it an FFXV only engine (a bit like XIII's 'White engine/Crystal Tools' eventually only made the XIII, XIII-2 & LR:FFXIII rather than powering a new generation of square JRPG's).

LOL I NO RIGHT! Have had a big crush on Noctis for 8 years & that blonde guy! lol.

I am sad that there are no female characters playable apparently. But we have just had a generation of female-led Final Fantasy so I guess it's okay.

Still Luna seems cool...and is apparently as important to the plot as any of the guys.

#4 BornAnew, Oct 21, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
  5. Q-Tip

[YOUTUBE]B51jW2tQuWM[/YOUTUBE]

6. shinji

shinji Guest

Not a huge follower of the series, even though i do consider myself a fan... I do have one question though and a statement.

Question: Doesn't that blondy from the first trailer, sound a lot like Natsu, like... i mean... wtf?! Also, i really do hope they put more work in the voices.

Statement: What the hell... SE was like "oh we have this supah' awesome engine and game and stuff... let's NOT put it on PC, but instead...cram it on friggin consoles...". Though they'd learn by now...

7. BornAnew

FFXIII came out on PC a week ago. Granted it's 4 years after it's official launch....this bodes very well for FFXV having a PC release at some point. With the way S-E is going I think it'll get one soon after release!

8. shinji

shinji Guest

The problem with games coming out on console first, THEN on PC, is that they usually are shit... FFXIII is no different, must i tinker with third party stuff to "suck" some extra detail out of the game... seriously. No control panel whatsoever...

9. Nekoko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not all of us are PC gamers... frankly FFXIII was bad in general, didn't matter what console it premiered on.

Personally, I find it really hard to be hyped up about FFVX considering it should have been out on PS3 years ago, this is just a repackage of the delayed Versus XIII spinoff game. I'll be excited for a Final Fantasy again when they cut the bullshit, go back to their roots and stop trying to focus more on graphics than they do on story and game play. I don't want to play Final Hallways XIII again (thanks Jontron), I want to play Final Fantasy. Give me control of battles and the full party back. I want my turn based battles back! D:

10. forget me knots

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm so impressed with the graphics! At least from what i've seen in this trailer.

but you know a lot of the time advertisements are not exactly showing what the actual game looks like. that's why i go by let's play videos on youtube before i actually buy a game.

Except for rune factory. i just knew it would be good by word of mouth and the fact that it's a farming/rpg game lol all in one! XD