1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Filling in a Employment medical questionnaire

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Bernice, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Bernice

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi

For work I have to fill in a medical questionnaire. Now for title I've crossed out the options available and put MX

However it also asks for sex: Male / Female

At the moment I count myself as genderfluid. Can I cross out the male / Female and write either genderfluid or other or as its a medical questionnaire do I have to go with male even though I have been to the Doctor's previously to discuss having gender dysphoria.

I guess it would be easy just to go for male but somehow it doesn't feel right to me.

Thoughts?

2. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    At first I thought this was for a medical thing, and I was going to say, you should probably tick the "male" box if you were assigned male at birth, since amab and afab people do have different health issues. However, if it's an employment thing, could you put in brackets (genderfluid) beside one of the two options, considering the place is LGBT inclusive?

3. Bernice

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm looking at doing that, it's quite LGTB inclusive (besides which the forms will go to head office and is confidential. I just wasn't sure what my legal rights were. It's a form to give work a medical history and details of my doctor, so it isn't actually an official medical form.

thanks.