1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fever/nausea and periods?

Discussion in 'Anonymous Support and Advice' started by Anonymous, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Anonymous

Can your period cause you to have a fever and throw up? I know this might be weird to talk about but I threw up on Friday, had a fever and felt nauseous all day yesterday, and today started my period. Yesterday I had cold chills and then I'd be incredibly hot. The fever went up to about 100.4 degrees F. I slept a lot more than usual because I was incredibly tired and weak feeling. I still am having hot flashes today but the fever is gone. I'm in a lot of pain today. Could this all be because of my period? Or does it sound like a virus alongside my period?

I've never had a fever or thrown up with my period but I usually do have a lot of pain.

2. Eleanor Rigby

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    That doesn't look like periods symptoms at all. Eventually feeling nauseous can be caused by the tommy pain, but I doubt it can cause fever. I think you should see your doctor as soon as possible. That might just be a virus but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Take care of yourself, (*hug*) and get better soon, C├ęcile

3. Anonymous

I know my body temperature goes up when I get my period and I get nauseous and am in a horrible amount of pain. And I have a friend whose sister throws up for the first day of her period and then she's fine so I guess it depends on the person. I'm thinking you might have just had a 24 stomach flu or something. Feel better

4. Chandra

PMS can in fact cause all of the symptoms you describe - this actually happened to my gf last month. But if it isn't your "norm" then it's quite possible you had a flu virus. Either way, make sure you get enough fluids if you've been vomiting, and see your doctor if you don't start to feel better in the next day or two.

5. RaeofLite

Yea, I used to get really bad nausea and high temperature. I'd have to come home from school or work, lay in bed with a heating pad, water, and take some Midol.

I have improved my diet (less meat), more veggies and fruit, some healthy dairy and the pain has improved. Also, if you exercise the week before your period it might help you out.

Foods like:
    bananas
    yogurt
    dark leafy green salads
    whole grain breads

help with the pain and bloating. Even if you do feel like you can't eat. Try to eat some of those foods.

Hang in there.

6. Anonymous

This is the Original Poster. Thanks for your advice. I haven't felt like eating all day yesterday and today so all I've had was jello and crackers. I just ate an orange because we don't have any bananas or leafy vegetables right now. I'll try to eat healthier in the next month and see if it helps.

Are there any foods that make your pain worse that should be avoided?

If the fever comes back I'll go to the doctor. Thanks again.

7. RaeofLite

Things to avoid on your period:

-Caffeine (coffee or soda) This can be hard if you're a coffee drinker. I usually just limit my cups of coffee and try to drink herbal tea
    -Fatty meats
    -Soda
    -salty foods
    -being too sedentary/relaxing too much. Simply going for a walk around the block or wherever you live can help ease muscle tension a bit.

Try to drink lots of water and green leafy veggies. You're losing a lot of iron and your body has to compensate for it.