1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fetish issue (maybe)

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by EcoMan, Mar 14, 2019.

1. EcoMan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wanted to see if this is a normal manifestation for those who have specific body part fetishes. I have a both a male foot and armpit fetish. Because those area are “sexualized” in my mind, I’m not able to display either of those areas in public without extreme discomfort. So, when most people can go barefoot or wear sandals or a tank top at the gym, I cannot really do it without feeling I’m exposing a private area of my body.

Anyone similar or can relate? Anyone had success in sort of overcoming it? I realize fetishes are normal but it seems kind of weird with my situation.

2. smurf

Don't experience that, but it doesn't sound out of the realm of possibilities for you to feel that way.

If you don't ever want to show your feet or arm pits in public then you don't have to and that is totally okay. If you do want to, then like anything else you just have to get your brain to "desexualize" the body parts when in certain scenarios.

A great example is nudist spaces. While the grand majority of the world sees being nude as a sexual thing (thanks to christian colonization of the world...), nudist communities understand that a penis is just a penis; its not inherently sexual unless you make it so. You can take the same approach to feet and armpits if you so wish.

#2 smurf, Mar 15, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  3. EcoMan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, I would like to not feel so inhibited, especially at the beach. Good insight...thank you.

4. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    If anybody has an unwanted foot fetish that they wish to get rid of, call me, and I'll let you see/do whatever to my feet. My feet are so ugly, that I doubt you'll never look at feet the same way again.

5. Danabutton

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Tha
    thanks for your post...similar here as well except my foot interest has always been feminine feet. When I was younger I was scared or felt guilty going barefoot myself as I too found this body part to be overly sexualized as well. After some initial trepidation on my part I was able to overcome this fear and go barefoot in public and I am barefoot as much as possible although for whatever reason it still has at times I wanted sexual overtones tied to it....

Kevins1197 likes this.
  6. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have a foot fetish (both men and women) but have never had any issues or reservations with having my own feet exposed. I guess its because I realize that although it is a sexualized body part for me, it is not the same for everyone.

Plus, and this is going to sound kind of strange, I find my own feet attractive (no idea why), so if I'm at a pool/beach or wearing flip flops, or any other situation where being barefoot is socially acceptable, I feel comfortable having them exposed so others that also have the same fetish can check out mine, just as long as they aren't all creepy about it...(Seriously, I've read so many stories of people just being creeps with it, don't do that!)

#6 BothWaysSecret, May 6, 2019
    Last edited: May 6, 2019
    EcoMan and Danabutton like this.