1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fell for a straight friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by LonewoIf, Feb 9, 2018.

1. LonewoIf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Long story short, I fell for my straight close friend, we hangout everyday and at least once during weekend. And recently I told him that I like him, he said he's not gay. Should I let go or should I hold on to my hopes and continue to be a friend, I kinda want to take the easy way out. He just gives me the vibe that he's bi. Thanks

2. mask1985

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think you just need to respect his answer and probably look for someone else more suitable for you. No reason why you can't still be friends though providing you both understand each other's wishes and boundaries.

As a bi guy I am curious to know about this "bi vibe" though, what are the indicators to you?

LonewoIf and PatrickUK like this.
  3. LonewoIf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I ended up still being friends with him, but it's kinda a painful slow process to try to move on. "bi vibe" if that's even a thing. haha. He is just a little feminine at times, he is touchy, I don't know. I just feel like he might be into the same sex as well, maybe he just didn't realize it yet ? Look at me being optimistic

4. mask1985

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I understand but it will get better with time like a lot of things. I tick the feminine and touchy boxes too at times

LonewoIf likes this.
  5. LonewoIf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Can I ask you how did you find out that you're bi ? Cause I'm still confused right now, I thought i was gay, but recently I got confused.

6. mask1985

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I had no idea until I was 18 years old when I met another 18 year old boy. Both of us had had girlfriends before but we saw something in each other which awakened something which had obviously been dormant. From that time on I realised that I found certain guys attractive and could imagine being romantically or sexually involved with them. For me it went from a crush kind of situation to a very intimate one in the space of two days which has not happened since and is probably something to do with teenage hormones. We were pretty obsessed with each other though and it was a great feeling :slight_smile:

Niagara and LonewoIf like this.
  7. Assassin'sKat

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If the guy says he's straight, he's straight. The longer you hold on, the more it will hurt. Keep being his friend, but move on. Because trust me, it will hurt a lot later.
    This "bi vibe" you are getting is not worth keeping your hopes up for, trust me.

8. Humbly Me

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It is entirely possible you are correct about who he is attracted to but it doesn't matter because he is clearly not self-accepting yet. If you desire to confirm your suspicions despite the fact it will probably make you feel worse, you should simply watch who he is normally looking at as people walk by at a restraint or w.e

LonewoIf likes this.