1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feels like the world is crashing down around me

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by QuietPeace, Feb 9, 2021.

1. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes, it is a metaphor and I do understand that even my own personal world is not truly ending nor is it even really a disaster. Things do feel quite overwhelming though.

Two things have happened in the space of a day both of which are quite stressful.

First, I am trying to live in a country where I am a foreigner. I have applied for a residency permit based on my ability to pay my own bills because I do have some income (not a great deal but it is more than the minimum amount that is required in order to get a permit to stay). I have received a "request for more information", oddly enough virtually everything they ask for in this request is stuff that I have already told them in my original application, in fact they asked for my source of income at least twice in the original and three times in this request. My boyfriend says that it must be a boilerplate form to request info and that is why all the repeats and that they seem to not be capable of reading the original application. However, it makes me doubt the competency of the department and raises fears that I am going to be denied on some bizarre technicality essentially involving some random person in the department forgetting to actually read the information. It is essential for me to be allowed to stay as I refuse to live in the USA again and there are no other real options in the world right now.

Second, I am having personal issues with a person who I have been pursuing a hobby with (table top role playing). Due to the stress of the above item going on I asked that we cancel the event for the week. The answer they gave me was essentially "I was going to kick you out anyway", the text was longer than that and included some odd excuses but that is the essense. My boyfriend who knows this person (this person is an ex of my boyfriend) and says that they have done this sort of thing in the past (ending things, blaming the other person but not giving any real explanation and cutting them off). Because this person is highly involved with the local group where I pursue playing games this also means that my social interactions will now end up being only with my boyfriend. This will stress our relationship and will be a severe stress on each of us.

Sorry for the rant, it is early morning and I have only slept two hours this past night and it does not seem as if I am going to sleep again until this next night (if then, I do have severe sleep issues anyway).

2. eastrevolt

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's quite a lot to deal with! I can imagine you're very stressed about all that.

I'm really sorry to hear about your friends. It seems like they weren't very good friends if they did that to you over cancelling a session. You deserve better friends than that!

Be sure to take care of yourself in the coming days. It's easy to lose track of self care when everything is awful and falling apart. Try to keep yourself as anchored as possible. Keep a self care routine that is manageable to you.

I wish you luck with your application and I wish you better days ahead.

QuietPeace likes this.
  3. EriRED

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Don't worry too much for buroucracy, just deal with the annoying paperwork and relax. There allways issues with this kind of things, and I, not living in USA I can tell you, they tend to be messy all around the world.

In the case of the role playing game... well I had Mastered a lot, we masters we tend to be kind of primadonnas, but with that attitude I think that person is a bad master or simple an **sh*le, that doesnt mean that you cant interact with this person, is only mean that you are out of the game.
    LOVE!

4. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have GMed quite a bit, D&D back in the early days (original AD&D), Sci Fi games also back then, and Star Trek more recently. I never treated anyone the way I am being treated by this person, not while gaming or ever.

It does actually mean that I cannot interact with them. I have a long history of being abused and the treatment that I have received here bears all the red flags that I classically have ignored. I was considering leaving the game anyway because of the treatment I was getting during the games before this ending. Just for my own mental health and to stay safe from a person who I was starting to think was a cluster B person before this most recent incident I do need to end any interaction with them as an authority. We can be in the same room unless they really get nasty but I cannot play with them as a GM ever again (this means not playing Adventurers League on Thursdays as I have been doing for a couple years).

5. EriRED

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sorry to hear that, I didnt know you were suffering such an agressive behavior. Still today I sometimes taken by surprise by the abundant amount of stupid and brainless haters around us. In that case you better keep your distance for the sake of your mental health. And I wish you luke finding another GM, a real one!

6. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    There is another one who runs a tier 2 game (5th-10th level) on the same days, before though there was not much room at that one and I was relegated to playing at the tier 1. If I can get into the other game I will do that since I do have 3 characters who qualify for that level. On the plus side that would then mean my boyfriend and I would again be playing together, rather than being simply in the same room as before.

EriRED likes this.