1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling stuck, getting depressed... Any advices?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by LittleStargazer, Jun 28, 2017.

1. LittleStargazer

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm gonna ask sorry in advance for any grammar mistakes, english isn't my first language.

So, it's a looong story but I'll TRY to summarize XD

I was born in a small town, in a homophobic community, my family is homophobic except my mother. At age 14 my parents divorced, my mother moved in with her boyfriend and I continued to live with my father and my brother, grandma and grandpa, my grandmother was always the worst of all, always wanting to control me, to control what I wore, to control what I said, to control everything, any single move, and wanting to know what I was doing all the time, etc... At 16, she wanted me to find a boyfriend (at this age it's quite normal around here, the girls get pregnant at 18 usually, so they leave the house and go to live with their boyfriend, etc, but I ignored her and didn't gave in to heteronormativity =_= ). I've always tried to ignore all the psychological abuse I've receveid from my family members (they don't even recognize all that sh*t they said to me as abuse around here, by the way), they always realized that I was different from other girls, in other words, they knew I was lesbian, but they would never say that word, people treat it as something completely forbidden here... Years went by, my brother went to live with his girlfriend, I did some basic courses - graphic design, etc - despite this my biggest talent is writing, I can get fifty different ideas in one day, lol, anyway - (I'm from a third world country and what people consider really poor), another year passed (when I already had a job) and I lost my patience with my grandma and alcoholic dad...
    I was always very shy and had low self-esteem until the last year of high-school, but I was the best student in class each year, I had no problems with grades, anyway, I have low levels of anxiety (that again, these things don't even are really recognized here) and I don't like crowds (so people think I'm weird), I'm an introverted person when I don't know the people around me, so it's difficult for me to fit in, for these and other reasons and fears I just moved in with my mom and stepfather at 19 when I had my first job (it's considered a very late age here to get a job, by the way), my lack of social skills, lack of financial independence and opportunities became a major obstacle and I wasn't able to enter a university (the nearest one was in a big city hours away from where I lived, but my work schedule was the major drawback in this case - I would get the bus at 12:00 and only get home at 00:00 :slight_smile: ), it was like this for another year and a half, but by then I didn't care too much about it 'cause I was finally living in a house where no one psychologically abused me (I won't go into details about it), I ended up spending a lot of money on my dad and his problems when I lived with him (while other parents work day and night so their daugthers/sons can have a better education I was spending money with troubles that he got into while I was working, lol ) so I couldn't save almost any money... When things weren't working out at my job I was already going to live in another town (my mom and stepfather were going to move, I wouldn't have a choice to keep my job anyway)
    So in any case I wouldn't have a job anymore at the edge of the new year, and that's what happened... But here, now, where I have been living for a year and a half is 20x worse than the small town I was born, 'cause they don't offer jobs, let alone jobs for women, it's a community of farmers in the middle of the mountains/woods, they only want men as labor (that when there's any job being offered, ha ha ha), here also cell phones don't work, you know, not any area of service, ha! And wasn't so long ago that were installed towers of companies that offer internet services, I had to stay 8 months without internet acess when I got here =_=
    The nearest town is an hour away by car (down 12 miles of mountain ridges), before moving to the middle of nowhere I had gone to auto school, but I couldn't get my license due to lack of money XD shame, I got perfect score on the theoric test, lol... Now I'm 23 y'old and time FLIES by, no opportunity showed up, and now I'm well aware that it won't show up so I don't know what to do, I'm feeling stuck and I have felt depressed in the last months... My family called me and said that there would always be room for me there if I wanted to go back to live with them x_x
    The fact is that I don't have an ounce of patience anymore to put up with this kind of people, after all harm they had done to me until I was 19 I can't even consider them my family (I won't go into details, the story is already too long), but at the time I even came to think of SUICIDE...
    In other words, just to think that to finally start getting some kind of financial independece so one day I could afford my own place I would have to go back to live with them brings me suicidal thoughts, so that isn't an option... Because of these and some other reasons, like - no recognition of the LGBT+ community where I live, we are practically invisible, treated as non-existent or freaks here - I have been depressed for the past few months, I also have no one to talk to, let alone someone of my age to talk to... So sometimes I feel lonely (but I basically spent my whole life alone/had few to no friends, regarding this, most of the time I'm already used to it, used to loneliness, lol ) in the other part of the time I think about how I'm a young woman with almost 24 years and still didn't have any romantic/sexual experiences (I didn't even have kissed someone! And YES I'm gay af XD, I had crushes, flirtatious situations and stuff but that was it) =/
    so, well, I don't know what to do about all of this, I'm feeling lost... I've also looked for jobs online and work to do at home, but here the whole "make money from home" business isn't really genuine. I'm starting to think that I'm going to die alone :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: The only way out would be if I won the lottery so I could live in a big city and meet LGBT folk XD But let's face it, that never will happen, so what the heck do I do? Any advices?? - Thanks for your time, patience and comment!! :slight_smile:

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sounds like you're starting to slip into the "things will never work out" mode. You mention things along these lines a few times - from "no opportunity showed up" to "I'm well aware that it won't show up," ideas like "let's face it, that never will happen, and so on.

I think it's totally understandable that you'd be frustrated at this point - it seems you've floated around a bit and experienced a lot of setbacks. But it also doesn't sound like you have a real end goal - a place you want to end up, things you want to do along the way to increase your chances of getting there, etc.

For the moment, you might just need some time to be upset and process being frustrated about where you've gotten. Again, that's totally understandable, and not something to feel guilty about. But, it might be a good idea to set aside some time in the near future to think about what you want your goals to be, and how you might work on meeting them. Even the smallest accomplishments along the way can be rewarding, *if* you feel like they're leading you toward something.

Hope this helps! By all means, keep posting. :slight_smile: