1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling like a Fraud Today

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by bsg75apollo, Mar 21, 2022.

1. BiShark

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Agree, great post slowmo.

I do get the 'Imposter' thing some and sometimes feel that myself. Because I came to realize I was bi late in life and have only had female partners so far, how much claim on the identity do I have?

I'm mostly past that... Even though I haven't had a male partner I feel confident enough about having this identity that I don't think that matters much. I've felt a lot more whole since trying to find ways to engage with and express that side of me and I think that's enough.

Part of that is being more open about it to people I am close to. I'm already out to my wife (for several years) and I'm planning to come out to some close friends later this week.

hopefulB likes this.
  2. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You're not a fraud or a poser. It's tricky to identify the "community" because it's not as obvious as it is with a race, nationality, or religious subgroup. Plus, if a person is bi and cis, and male, it's probably even harder to find their groove within it.

It shouldn't matter. You don't owe anyone anything. Be your own best friend. Maybe you can work with your therapist on this. That's always a good place to be.