1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling completely unhinged right now.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Dinah, May 7, 2014.

1. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  2. Dinah

Third star to the right & straight on til morning.
    Yeah I love the seaweed wrap design.

---------- Post added 13th Dec 2014 at 11:45 PM ----------

That and the beady stuff on the bust.

3. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wouldn't look right on me.

4. Dinah

How so? Sadly, I know little to nothing about women's formal wear aside from what is visually appealing to me.

5. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    While I'm slim and tall I'm not curvy. Wouldn't do justice. Which is why I wear A line skirts and empire waist dresses to give the image of curves.

6. Dinah

Tonight, I'm far from being "okay", I've been busily and hastily digesting all the transgender and lesbian content that my soggy eyes can handle on autostraddle's website.

I'm not okay because all the things I've read are things that I have felt to varying degrees or things of a particular queer bent that I, without knowing why, have always been drawn to and interested in, and WTF?!?! Why did I never see all these feelings and interests for what they were?

I sit here more convinced than ever before that I am in the right state of mind and on the right path of self-discovery.

I could write a book on all the parallels between my experiences, interests and feelings and those written about by other trans and/or lesbian individuals.

I'm deeply saddened by the time lost and the struggling to break free of the repressive attitudes (from myself and others) that have held me prisoner all these years.

---------- Post added 21st Dec 2014 at 09:14 PM ----------

I need a stiff drink, please somebody make it happen and make it a double. :frowning2:

---------- Post added 21st Dec 2014 at 09:24 PM ----------

Went to my cousin's wedding today and I'm recalling my own wedding 4 years ago, wishing I'd had this same self-awareness and clarity of mind back then. Hell I just wish I'd given myself permission to ask myself the tough questions and to think of myself and my needs beyond just finding love and a stable job.

Hindsight: being loved by others is worthless and trivial if at first you don't learn to love yourself or worse to actively harbor such extreme self-loathing and self-hatred.

---------- Post added 21st Dec 2014 at 09:36 PM ----------

Possibly some asexual tendencies stemming from my general attitude of indifference to sex beyond frequent compulsory masturbation as stress-relief and the occasional craving for going down on my wife.

TMI but right now I DON'T GIVE A FUCK!! I just want happy, I want MY version of normal, I want the body I'm supposed to have and I want to be with my wife in my correct body.

#167 Dinah, Dec 21, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
  7. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know this feeling better than most on this website. We share this in common and I'm trying to deal by living my new life to its fullest.

8. Dinah

Another thing that's been bothering me lately is the idea that (in art terms) the sum of all my life experiences, interests, feelings etc. I mistook them as individual unrelated ethereal unimportant in the bigger picture, one which (I thought) resembled a collage whose end result was that of just a "normal guy", (nothing to see here). Whereas now, I see that collage but the composite aesthetic nature has blended and blurred and the over-arching image is no longer a "normal guy" but rather a male body with a deeper secret feminist lesbian buried behind a hollow (Mona Lisa) smile that betrays my utter dissatisfaction and tempestous mind.

I don't see a man in that picture, I see the painting of "Venus Rising From the Sea" with it's implication of Venus having been born from a shell.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venus_Anadyomene_(Titian)

9. Dinah

Asked my wife to paint my toenails, I feel "funny" and by that I mean warm and fuzzy and a little bit excited...

And sad.

10. Dinah

Happy fucking new year. May this one not suck, hurt, depress, kick you when your down, curb stomp your face into ground beef. Ah fuck it who the hell am I kidding, nothing changes, all of that "it gets better" shit happens to all the other not me's in this world.

Do me a favor and send me all of your sedatives, your uppers, your downers, your illegal substances, endless rivers of booze and generally anything that can help me "numb" my way through yet another miserable 12 months of gender captivity.

Happy fucking new year indeed.

11. Dinah

I need to get the fuck out of Arkansas.

12. Lazuri

Corsets, baby! They're my truest love.

That sounds like the start of a movie.

In all seriousness though, this seems to be bringing you a great deal of unhappiness, but I feel unable to help. I hate being unable to help.

13. Dinah

I'll be alright, just gotta find a way to make it happen. I know I tend to express myself in a borderline suicidal manner but I refuse to be beaten down by anyone or anything. I suffer much, same as anyone else here but I will not be defeated.

---------- Post added 9th Jan 2015 at 10:37 AM ----------

My continued existence is the ultimate "fuck you" to a world so full of hatred. I grew up aware and accepting of the fact that I didn't fit in despite a lack of understanding why but now I am trying to learn to really embrace that and create my own place in the world.

14. Dinah

Feeling kinda down tonight, got a call today fora paying gig on Sunday that has me driving north to Colorado on Sunday but I had planned on going to go sit in on a gender identity peer support group. Now I'll have to wait another 2-4 weeks for the next one.

:bang:

15. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Do you know if there is a group leader that you can contact? Sometimes, groups like that will have unofficial meetings in between the actual meetings. They may be able to point you towards some local support as well.

16. Dinah

Thanks for the advice, I will definitely look into that, I've been dying to connect with those groups since November but life keeps interfering.

17. suninthesky

I help lead a trans group and can attest that finding a group leader would help you out. Sometimes people who could identify with you could meet up even just to talk.

18. Dinah

So due to a slight scheduling shift I managed to make it to the transwomens support group which was just myself and one other who has been volunteering at the local equality center. She was really nice but I was super nervous before and during the whole thing. Almost even bugged out and left but managed to get past that.

---------- Post added 11th Jan 2015 at 06:34 PM ----------

I hope I can make it back again soon. She mentioned that local trans friendly resources are not as nonexistent as I thought they were, sorely lacking in organization and visibility but they're there.

19. suninthesky

I think that's true of trans resources in a lot of places. Don't worry, I was really nervous the first time I went to even an LGBT group. I almost threw up before I walked in. You'll relax in a couple weeks; just make sure to give it time.