1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling completely unhinged right now.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Dinah, May 7, 2014.

1. Dinah

Third star to the right & straight on til morning.
  2. ProtegeMoi

Bear Hugs!! Thank you for sharing the video.

Have you thought more about telling your wife or axing the beard?
    I'm at work and haven't had a chance to read a lot of these posts, but I hope you're getting to a good place and that I've been thinking about you. I don't like that you've been hurting. I try to focus on other people or a project when I hit a wall and feel trapped. I have just been focusing on July because I'll have insurance finally and hopefully I can see a therapist and get the ball rolling faster.

My wife knows my situation and is on board, so I hope that yours will be supportive too. It has helped me quite a lot.

3. Dinah

I can't express enough how grateful I am for all the compassion and support coming from the EC crowd at large, and from everyone individually. (&&&)

As for telling my wife, of all the things about this hidden side of me that I'm most fearful of, telling her easily and far and away tops the list. She IS a bit more open-minded about a lot of 'unconventional' things, but I know (or strongly believe) that she would never be able to understand or accept this, and if by some surprising chance that she did, given her upbringing (and mine as well) I don't think she would be able to live that life with me. The social consequences she would be forced to endure would be too much for her, I think, (and I can't say I'd blame her for getting out of my blast radius as quickly as possible.)

About the beard, yeah, I've been considering it, and I'm sure that at some point I'll just say "fuck it" and take a chainsaw, or a torch, or some other barbaric torture device to it to make it die.
    I still need to find a pre- and post-beard photo for the viewing pleasure of the aforementioned 'EC crowd'.

Ahhh, so little to do, so much time...........:grin:

#103 Dinah, Jun 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  4. ProtegeMoi

I had grown mine out much longer than the pictures I have, I used to have a 4-5 inch goatee at various times and it was just a little shield I carried. Surely a beardy dude can't be a lady, right? Haha. It did help hide "me" but I think it just caused me to prolong the inevitable.

I'm not sure your wife's orientation but mine is bi so that helps me. Even though she supports me part of me still wonder that when I finally start hrt and do what I need to - will she still be attracted to me as a person and not as the "man" she married.

I'm a spaz, did you say you have kids? I have a step daughter, but I'm the only dad she knows.

Do you think she will try to make it work (may depend on the length of your marriage)? Im sure its hard to wrap your head around, but sometimes people surprise us.

I'm glad EC is giving you some help but know that we need you just as much if not more.

5. Dinah

I had grown mine out much longer than the pictures I have, I used to have a 4-5 inch goatee at various times and it was just a little shield I carried. Surely a beardy dude can't be a lady, right? Haha. It did help hide "me" but I think it just caused me to prolong the inevitable. [/QUOTE]

The wife is straight, and I'd like to hope that she'd stick around regardless, but if OR when I take a flying leap off that giant cliff, that would (technically) put her in lesbian territory, and I don't know how she'd handle it.

No kids, yet. I've been very vocal in my desire to, but now, I'm becoming less and less certain of that.

Roughly 3 1/2 years and some change. ^Truth^

#105 Dinah, Jun 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  6. ProtegeMoi

Your beard might be the best on EC. You look like a poet/professor/musician. That would be a shame to chop off, but when/if the time comes give it a viking funeral!

No kids will help during transition. You can freeze your swimmers if you want kids down the line. I think its a few grand to do.

PS. I am super jealous of your hair because my genetics bloooowww. Wigs and maybe transplants in my future.

7. Dinah

Just woke up from a short nap. One of the highpoints of a dream I just had, which is already starting to fade from memory, was that I was travelling down a highway or some road, and ended up stopping at what seemed to be a gay bar/gas station/restaurant type of place.

---------- Post added 17th Jun 2014 at 01:00 PM ----------

:thumbsup:

According to the obit, my bio-mother was 1966 Miss Denver, and this
    [​IMG]

Bet you can't guess what this one's from, yes, my bio-mother (the blonde) on the left.

[​IMG]

8. Dinah

This.

9. ProtegeMoi

The 2nd one didn't load on my phone. You've got some good genes!

10. Dinah

My wife was watching makeup how to videos last night. Not gonna lie I was secretly watching and enjoying it, and then she asked what I thought about the makeup being used and if I was watching. :frowning2: cave man grunting ensued "no I'm not watching your makeup tutorial videos"

:bang:

---------- Post added 21st Jun 2014 at 07:22 AM ----------

Bought custom designed Audrey Hepburn iphone case, can't wait for the hatestorm that's sure to rain on my parade. Can't wait to tell said haters to fuck themselves.

[​IMG]

11. ProtegeMoi

From Tim Gunn to Tim Allen. You had a little opening, but no face smashing or regrets - if you had been ready you'd have said something and its fine not to be. The little opportunities can add up and work in your favor though. She might say something that gives you more insight into how she feels and help you let down the force field of manliness.

Did you learn some tips? Did you learn more about yourself? That's most important. If you still are feeli ng like transitioning is for you then you're taking the right steps. Its sort of like window shopping, and you're just doing the leg work for the future.

<3 You got this chicka.

12. Dinah

My gender identity feels like a puzzle all disassembled and placed in a puzzle box with the wrong picture on the front. I desperately want to piece the puzzle together and, certainly, it's possible but I just wish I knew how to get there from here. Too much life un-lived as it is already.

You read all these blogs, comments and opinion pieces about "gender dysphoria feels like etc. etc.", well add this one to the list....

---------- Post added 22nd Jun 2014 at 10:46 PM ----------

I'm more and more frequently in a state of near tears, like a rain cloud that just refuses to break open and dump it's contents out.

13. Dinah

Dreamed I got ambushed and intervention-ed by my best friend and another friend. Woke up distressed.

14. Dinah

Friend

Ambush

15. ProtegeMoi

Hehe "cut off guard". Always have a chefs knife handy and get low!

Interventioned about your gender or something else? I'm sorry it bothered you.

I slept for almost 12hrs and woke up just now. I should be at work, but I dislike Mondays and my part time associate that works for me that day so I hide out.

16. Dinah

Lol, get low indeed

Yep. Which is ironic because my best friend has always been the one person I trust completely and has never judged me unfairly. One who has earned the right to judge me at all.

I know the feeling.

17. ProtegeMoi

Did they call you out like, " Hey you can't do this, bro its not right" or "Hey (name), we know you've been hiding something and its eating you inside out and we can tell you're not happy."

So you know my coworker too :wink: isn't he just the slowest non-helper ever? Lol

Get low indeed - signature material

18. Dinah

It was very anxiety inducing, felt like a "we're going to fix you" type of thing.

19. ProtegeMoi

I've just now begun to read your thread in its entirety. Got here. Read thr part about the girly little boy and people trying to make him a bro and started crying. I was that kid. Even last summer when my dad came to visit he made a comment to me about my wife that "I had him worried for a long time."
    He thought I was gay and well he's right - but I'm more of a lesbian.

Onto the next one.

20. ProtegeMoi

I read the post about the purity ring. Did it hurt more that you didn't get a new ring that was yours and "pure", that she got it without you or that you didn't get the reaction/bonding you hoped.

When I was in 2nd grade my mom bought me a little imitation amethyst ring that I wanted because I'm a february kid. I remember being so happy and wearing it everyday at home and then having kids wonder why a boy wore a ring and I told them it was my birthstone and my mom gave it to me. They never bothered me about it.

It was my first real ring that wasn't from a quarter machine and ever since then I was the kid with rings, bracelets, necklaces, earrings, lip rings, tie clips, cuff links and so on. Jewelry and feeling of expression it gives me has always been like an extension of myself and not for show. Most people don't know I have tattoos because I've never been a showy person and its all for me.

If my mom hadn't got me that ring I don't know if I'd be the same person. My grandma always bought me jewelry and ornamental things as well. I'm sorry that you didn't get to have that connection. I don't really know you that well, but I feel like if we had gone to school together wed have probably been friends.