1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

feeling as if i am waiting...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by peachygogh, Jun 29, 2017.

1. peachygogh

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    hello...
    recently, i've become more depressed than i have been in a while. there has always been this back-thought, that something is happening soon. in the past few weeks, this has become more prevalent, and now i feel as if i am constantly waiting for something. i don't know what it is, but it's actually quite consuming. does anyone else feel this?

2. Humbly Me

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, I'm waiting for my parents to somehow magically realize that the reason I have been listening to lots of LGBT music and watching TV shows with LGBT characters is that I'm not straight. Or even just confiscate my phone because they are suspicious and invasive, only to realize that they can't actually get into it even with the phone companies help... Essentially, my life hinges on the fact that as soon as something clicks in my parent's brains they will begin to at the very least verbally abuse me in a new and more personal way than they have before and probably come up with some other form of punishment. I'm quite certain I can't convincingly deny that I'm gay if they confronted me. I would probably just break down into tears and they will take it as confirmation or just keep continuing to pretend that I'm straight because they can't' accept me for who I am. Both of which will be extremely painful.

#2 Humbly Me, Jun 29, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2017
  3. peachygogh

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    at least you can hide in plain sight if they're still oblivious to your sexuality. I understand how un-supportive parents are though, especially the confiscating the phone conundrum. i am emotionally abused, and if my parents were to know, hell, it could become physical. best of luck, friend.