1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

feel useless and undeserving

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by GayRoachGal, Apr 17, 2023.

1. GayRoachGal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    my girlfriend who i planned so much for us is now my ex

I feel like I tried doing everything I could on my end, giving gifts, messaging all the time, checking in

I just feel so useless and that I don't deserve and will never find love, I know I'm young but I can legally marry in 2-3 years and most of my family are going to try to pressure me into marrying someone early( my parents married at 18 and 19).

i just have so much love I want to give, I want to take her out on dates, wake up next to her, and kiss her but until I find that someone I feel lonely.

why is it that I always have to deal with the toxic relationships

2. BiGemini87

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm so sorry things didn't work out. You need to know that you are deserving of love and happiness, and that just because the relationship didn't work, doesn't mean you did anything wrong. Sometimes, we can do all the right things, and the relationship still falls apart. If the love isn't there, is both people aren't committed to making it work, aren't committed to the same things... Well, there's nothing any of us can do in situations like that.

You are young, and I promise you will find love again. Don't let your parents' expectations be the driving force in finding your special someone. There is no time limit on finding love, no age cut-off to when you can find your person. You will get there when you're ready, not before--and certainly not when others dictate. Be patient and above all, be kind to yourself.

kwhale53 and GayRoachGal like this.
  3. 74andHome

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Like BiGenini says, “You are young, and I promise you will find love again. Don't let your parents' expectations be the driving force in finding your special someone. There is no time limit on finding love, no age cut-off to when you can find your person. You will get there when you'reready, not before--and certainly not when others dictate. Be patient and above all, be kind to yourself.”

You are the one in charge of your destiny. I hated this when I was your age but the truth is , time will heal the wounds and you will find what you’re looking for. Stay the course. Be yourself, not an imitation for someone else. It’s okay to be you!

kwhale53 and GayRoachGal like this.
  4. Vikki

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people

As others have said you are young ....

You have a life time to go out into the world and meet all sorts of new and exciting people.

I wish I had done this... I am 37 and I have no doubt that I will find love. I don't know why but like you, I have so much love to give.

Don't rush into giving that love away to someone not quite right.

Be yourself and live your life that you want it to be. Im uncertain about the pressure to marry? Try not to focus on this...

Be open to loving everything about yourself, your life, your goals and to look for a future that you love.

Love will find you on your journey. You are young and have everything to look forward to. No one knows what the future holds for you or anyone.

Try not to dwell on the negative experiences (it can be hard especially when you care so much) but look for the positive ones that may happen.

kwhale53 likes this.