1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feel hot but temperature is low?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by CactiCat, May 19, 2019.

1. CactiCat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I’m feeling a bit under the weather, dizziness, feeling hot, sore throat, excess mucus, so I decided to take my temperature. My temperature is normally a bit high, from 98.8-99.0 degrees Fahrenheit. So I took it, expecting it to probably be around there, but no. It was 97.2 degrees. What does this indicate?

2. Ram90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Most of the time when you have most of those symptoms and still feel hot from the inside, but not hot when you feel your forehead or arms/skin, it usually means you're having a cold/flu. Drink plenty of fluids and take any prescribed/over-the-counter flu medication and you should be feeling better in a few days.

3. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For how much time have you had these symptoms?

If the fever is way too strong (distant from the usual temperature of the body), then go see a doctor as soon as possible.

If not, drink plenty of fluids and rest. Keep checking your temperature from time to time and write down on a paper or on your phone the date, hour and temperature each time you take it.

If the fever persists, then you should see a doctor, and bring this information with you. The evolution of the changes on your temperature may be useful to him/her when diagnosing you.