1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feel awkward around the boyfriend of my crush?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ConnectedToWall, Jan 7, 2016.

1. ConnectedToWall

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Okay, so my crushes's boyfriend is actually a really nice guy. Before I got to know him, I thought I wouldn't like him, but it turns out, he's really nice. I find myself ending up liking a lot of my crushes boyfriends because I can see the similarities between us. Like, if I were a guy, I could totally be dating his straight girlfriend!
    She's been my former crush for a while, but I felt SUPER awkward when he mentioned her. And I was like OH SHIT I hope he can't see how awkward the mention of her makes me feel. And if he can see it, what if he thinks I like HIM? when really I like her? I started making way too intense eye contact, hoping he wouldn't notice, then the awkward moment passed. :lol:

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You don't know what he really thinks, and if you're not out to him or her, he might not even notice! That said, there's no reason you can still be friends with him. I think one thing would be to decide if you still need space because you aren't over your crush.