1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

favourite pokemon generation!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by 404dotexe, Apr 27, 2015.

?

what pokemon gen is your favourite

1. Gen 1

26.7%
  2. Gen 2

16.7%
  3. Gen 3

16.7%
  4. Gen 4

20.0%
  5. Gen 5

6.7%
  6. Gen 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. All of them!

13.3%
  1. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Generation II is fine, but many people tend to lump it in with Generation I. It doesn't help that in Gold/Silver/Crystal, you could go back and travel through Kanto. It came during the Poke'mon craze.

What really hurts Generation II, I feel, are the starters. Meganium is one of my least favorite Poke'mon, and my least favorite starter. Typhlosion is fine, except in the original Gold/Silver/Crystal, many of his moves were physical-based, yet he had a high special attack -- thankfully, this was fixed by Generation IV. So, this left me with only one choice: Feraligatr.

In Generation I, I had a hard time picking between Venusaur, Charizard, or Blastoise. In Generation III, I had a really hard time picking between Sceptile, Blaziken, or Swampert. In Generation IV, I had a hard time, also, picking between Torterra, Infernape, or Empoleon. In Generation V, well, it was easier, but I was still stuck between Samurott and Serperior. And even though I haven't played Generation VI, I know I'd go with Greninja.

Generation II introduced many awesome Poke'mon: Forretress, Heracross, Houndoom, Tyranitar, Celebi, Scizor, Umbreon, Steelix, and so on.

It's my opinion, at the end of the day, but Generation II has not aged well. Neither has Generation I, but, the first games have the advantage of being 'the first games', so they can always fall back on that. Thankfully, HeartGold and SoulSilver gave new life to Generation II, which it badly needed.

2. Chibi Giraffe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I agree. I really love grass types but I just couldn't fall in love with Chikorita's evo line. Meganium was a pretty weak design for me, idk... But besides the starters, there are great pokemon in the region.

3. Bearsona

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Pretty even split between gens 1 and 2 for me. Though if we go for Pokémon design and nostalgia I'll stick to 1, and in terms of gameplay and story themselves I'll stick to 2 (and voted).

The only other gens I've played thoroughly were 3 (ugh) and 6... They don't hold a candle to 'em in my opinion.

4. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Once a gen 2, always a gen 2.

This gen isn't doing so bad, either. Really liking how they're integrating the new ideas.

5. Chibi Giraffe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    yeah, gen 6 is pretty nice. i like the new stuff. i am a big fan of art and design and i gotta say i'm loving the new pokemon designs (except for Binacle, wtf...). i don't totally hate the new fairy type either...

6. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I thought I was the only one! I LOVE grass types (like uber obsess) but Chikorita, for me, is a joke compared to other grass types. I actually would accept Florges as a grass type rather than any of Chikorita's evo line...

Anyways, am I the only one here who's bother by some Pokemon designs of Gen V and VI? I mean Cubchoo, Klink's and Vanilitte's evo line, transistion between Quilladin and Chesnaught, Klefki, and that Barbarnacle?

7. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I guess I'll explain a few of the many reasons why I love Gen 2 so much.

For starters, this was my official introduction into the fanbase. Usually, that doesn't seem such a big of a deal. However, my mother was very anti-video games and also just as much anti-pokemon. There were pretty strict rules that were "No Pokemon" and "No video games" until my 7th birthday, where my aunt gave me a yellow gameboy color along with Pokemon Silver, and a Pokemon Silver case.

This is also the game that showed me the true power of water pokemon. I tried starter after starter, and once I was able to properly train Totodile, the two of us were unstoppable. There came a point where no matter who we faced, we would KO with one hit. The only ones who stood nearly any chance were legendary pokemon.

There are also some very memorable moments in this game. The first of which is Whitney, the Goldenrod City Gym leader. To this day, I have trouble defeating this woman. Why she was never a member of the Elite 4, I will never know.

Team Rocket is also a very important part of this game. I mean the REAL Team Rocket. These guys, while mostly easy, won't give up, and they surely won't just go away just because you want them to. These guys are real bad guys, and they will do anything for their leader. Hell, they even hijack the Goldenrod City tower, and it's a real chore to find some of their members. They're damn good at what they do.

I also liked the fact I could go to Kanto and see, battle, and catch the original pokemon. The movement between Johto and Kanto was a really nice way of making it all work.

So, without the nostalgia glasses, that's why I'm a Gen 2.

8. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Am I the only one who HATED Victory Road?

If I see another damn Geodude or Zubat...

9. Chibi Giraffe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    yeah, i agree. i love all pokemon, but some designs just don't sit well with me, mainly with the later generations. but it's so hard for me to hate on gen V and VI because there are some good designs intermingled in there.

the only pokemon design from earlier generations that i really hate is carnivine. it really is hideous... funny character, but terrible representation of a venus flytrap plant imo

---------- Post added 27th Apr 2015 at 09:37 AM ----------

lol, same here. i was forced to stop watching pokemon during the first gen because apparently i was invited demons into the home, *sigh*.

one day i got home from school and i was home alone. so i decided to watch pokemon for the first time in a long time. i was surprised at all the new pokemon that i just started watching again, behind my parents backs, whenever i could get away with it. i remember literally freaking out when i saw Teddiursa/Ursaring and Heracross, lol!

10. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

I voted for 1st gen because thats when I first started Pokemon with Yellow but I really loved 2nd gen, Gold and then Crystal were brilliant. I stopped after 3rd gen and I never realised there were 6 now.

#30 JackAttack, Apr 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2015
  11. Eye Shine

Those are stupid pokemon of those gens in my opinion but I don't really mind the anymore because people usually ignore the stupid pokemon in the earlier generations o idolize them.
    Gen I: Exxegcute is really stupid because any toddler can draw faces on eggs and look the design. Also how does an egg turn into a grass type... honrable stupid mentions volorb, and electrode.
    Gen II: Might just be me but Dunsparce is terrible in design and idea for me and Pineco
    Gen III: I don't think Volbeat or Illumise were that good to be honest design wise. Spoink is kinda retarded too XD.
    Gen IV: Burmy, Happiny, and Togekiss were also pretty stupid designs. Poor Togekiss... I would think losing your arms permanently is more of a downgrade...

12. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My favourite is gen 5. I chose it over gen 6, as gen 6 seems to shirk it's post-game duties, whilst BW2 provided easily the best post-game experience of any Pokemon game and BW1 provided the best in-game experience. Also, its has great music and Carracosta!

13. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    LOL! Exeggcute really is easy to draw! :roflmao: Tho, it is actually a seed that looks like an egg :slight_smile: