1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favourite Music Genre?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by davidfreckelton, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Sundara

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    All musics except metal music

2. tranonymous

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like a fairly broad mixture of different female fronted heavy metal/hard rock bands, but my favorite genres would probably be melodic death metal, metalcore, and symphonic metal.

3. Elendil

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Classic rock, 90s alternative, jazz, some country (depends on the artist) are my main go-to's for genres. Not really fond of rap, hip-hop, disco, or techno.

4. Justinian20

I think it would be a lot easier to say which music I dislike. Because I listen to a wide variety of music, I am of the mindset that you should at least give every artist a go. One genre I just can't listen to would be screamo(it doesn't work for me). I am a little bit of a electronic fan, through all the time periods I have electronic artists dating back to the 70's to current(electronic though has millions of different types from 8 bit to EDM to ambient).

I do have regular pop and regular rock music, at the same time I like different rock genres. But one thing I will never ever get is why the Beatles are considered that good. Like I try to listen to the Beatles, they just don't sound good to me. I do admit they have had a lot to do with the music industry and they did so much but I just don't like them.

Now onto the answer I actually think I don't work in terms of genre, I work in terms of artists, if one artist sounds good to me I will like them, within the same genre I might dislike another artist, so to me it actually varies in terms of the artist and what they do with the music.

P.S (Where did the great Found: Quantity of Sheep band go, I really liked their album because of the name damn it)