1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favourite movie, tv series and why?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lemony, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Lemony

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Titanic.

Love story. The history. Acting. Research.

Gilmore girls

Mother daughter bond I relate to. Food. Pop culture. Writing.

2. BlueMonday

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Tie between Cruising and Pulp Fiction.

Don't care about TV shows. (But if cartoons count, Ed, Edd n Eddy.)

3. Loves books

I don’t really have favorite tv shows. I have a lot of favorite movies but the two i rewatched most recently are Saved! and Little Woman (the1994 version)

4. Mysteria

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Favorite movie: The Lord of the Rings trilogy. (I can't pick one movie out of the three) Although it wasn't perfect it was a remarkably faithful book-to-movie adaptation. Great acting, special effects, music, the works.

Favorite TV shows: Frasier and Friends. They make me laugh and they have character development without hitting you over the head with it.

5. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Show: Probably The Office. It gets first place strictly because I don't usually rewatch stuff, but I've watched it numerous times and it's still enjoyable. I really enjoyed LOST and Breaking Bad, but it's been awhile I'm not sure how they stand currently.

Movie: Right now - Midsommer. It's a refreshing change of pace from the usual horror/thriller.

6. Tymee

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    hmmmm….I would have to say 50 first dates. Only because of the story line, really romantic.

TV-dont watch enough of it to have a favorite

7. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't watch a lot of stuff. But two series that are current that are amazing, for different reasons:

Pose: If you have not seen this, WATCH IT. It explores the experiences of gay and trans people in the 1980s in the ballroom culture. At first I was like "I don't think there could be anything less interesting." But it's an extraordinarly well done and sensitive piece exploring how AIDS impacted the LGBT community, the impact of discrimination against gay and especially trans people, the violence and difficulties. It's exceptionally well written and has just amazing character development. You see a lot of the childhood wounds and how they affect the characters. And there are a lot of very positive messages being conveyed. Oh, and absolutely beautiful costumes, dance and promenade in the ballroom, and some wonderful surprises.

Love, Victor: This is clearly aimed at late teens and young adults, but there's something for everyone here. Surprisingly deep character development (though not as profound as Pose), and while the plots are a bit on the cliché side (after all, they're aiming for a particular audience), there's a lot of really deep emotion displayed by the characters. And it models healthy communication, vulnerability, accepting responsibility for one's actions.

8. BlueLion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's difficult to say just one favourite but I will try.

Favourite movie: The Sound of Music. I've watched that film a hundred times and I love the songs and the story. It also brings back memories of my childhood, since I liked to watch that film a lot when I was a kid. Apart from The Sound of Music, I could mention any Disney movie, basically for the same reasons, lol.

Favourite TV series: How I Met Your Mother. I'm a romantic and, besides, it makes me laugh.