1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favorite Zombie Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by LakanLunti, Aug 27, 2015.

1. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What zombie movies do you like? Why?

Also, do you think you will survive in setting of that movie?

2. angeluscrzy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm game for almost any zombie movies.

3. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    In recent Zombie films I truly liked World War Z. I probably wouldn't survive, I'm just a spoiled city boy! XD

#3 justin88, Aug 27, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  4. angeluscrzy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah my 15 year old and I were talking one night while watching The Walking Dead, and concluded that we would be one of the first to die in an actual zombie apocalypse.
    I liked WWZ too but that had more to do with Brad Pitt than the actual movie itself

#4 angeluscrzy, Aug 27, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  5. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    My entire family watches TWD, we concluded that we'd hide far away in the woods somewhere. I probably wouldn't die from zombies, my most likely demise scenario is falling off a tree trying to get cell phone reception.

6. Spacewalker

I really like Resident Evil and Zombieland and ofc The Walking Dead if that counts as movie:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    And yea actually I think I'd survive maybe not til the end but quite a while maybe. Idk rly why but I have a feeling I'm made for extreme situations. Kind of weird...

7. Lazuri

The Twilight movies. The way everybody acts I assume they're zombie movies.

World War Z was terrible for me. On its own I guess it's a decent movie, but I'm a fan of the book and it's nothing like the movie. The book was so, so much better and the movie to me just becomes a steaming pile of wasted potential.

8. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I really liked Zombieland and Warm Bodies.

There's no way I'd survive. My brains would be the first dish on the menu!

9. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I loved Zombieland!

There's not many good zombie movies since most are just low budget crap. At least we have Walking Dead!

10. Lazuri

I don't understand the praise for Walking Dead. It's less of a zombie show and more of an asshole show. You might see a glimpse of a zombie if you're lucky. I watched the first season and then I was done.

11. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    To each their own, I like it but I understand it's not for everyone. :slight_smile:

12. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's why people like it. The story doesnt just revolve on the zombie killing, they also show how survivors deal with psychological traumas and how they deal with other survivors and how they tried to revive the "old ways". Otherwise, if it is just a zombie killing series, it is nothing much like some other boring zombie movies that only focused on awesome ways of killing zombies.

13. TheHesitantAlien

SHAUN OF THE DEAD!!!!! ALWAYS!!!! Although, Zombieland is awesome too ;D

14. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Shaun of the Dead was hilarious lol

15. Higs

Dawn of the Dead remake for me, the 2004 one. The beginning scenes are the most memorable zombie anything I ever saw, particularly the shot when she leaves the houses and we get to see how the entire street is going to hell right there and then.

16. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Probably the earlier George A. Romero films, the so-called Dead Trilogy:

Night of the Living Dead.
    Dawn of the Dead.
    Day of the Dead.

I've seen the remakes to all three of these and, with some exception, they don't hold a candle to the originals. I really dislike running zombies, but that conversation can wait.

Now, why do I like them? Well, Night of the Living Dead is what took an obscure concept and pushed it into pop culture. Also, I like the fact the film gives a big fuck you to race, but it also messes with the viewer at the end. That ending...

Dawn of the Dead is more or less how I envision a zombie apocalypse. The remake had too many characters, it felt too... sitcom-like... while the original was about that dreaded sense of isolation. I also found the scenes in the mall to be amusing, though the remake had it's moments with this.

Day of the Dead has grown on me. I didn't like it much when I was younger, but going back with a more mature mindset has allowed me to appreciate it. For one, I love the primary antagonist, Captain Rhodes, who is a superb villain. But I love the emphasis on the sense of hopelessness the underground crew faces, because it fuels the tension as well as the climax.

As for The Walking Dead. I understand they made Rick from Georgia for filming reasons, but I will never forgive them for it. Originally, in the comics, he's from Kentucky. I also find the series likes to drag at points, but you know, that's the show trying to balance drama and action with the material they have to work with. Could it be done better? Yes, but that would require them toning down some things, which many of the casual fans find enjoyable.

I believe I've covered the basics.

17. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This thread makes me want to watch Shaun Of The Dead just to see what I've been missing.

18. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I like it, but not to the levels some people do. I think it would have worked better as a short skit, honestly.

Just realized I didn't answer your other question, about whether or not I could survive in the movies I chose...

Night of the Living Dead, I think so.
    Dawn of the Dead, maybe, depending on where I was and with whom.
    Day of the Dead, this is tough to say, because it's implied humanity is practically done for. But if I've gone this long, I may as well see it through to the end.

19. RainOnVII

If I'm looking for a somewhat-lighter zombie movie, it's Zombieland. If I'm looking for a lot of action/gore (and not a lot of plot), it's Resident Evil.

20. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Really? I like the opposite, I like running zombies! It has more thrill and action. Tho I love watching any zombie movies, whatever kind of zombies it has.

I love the Resident Evil film series. But the mutated/evolved zombies on it are a bit turn off for me. I have watched the Return of the Living Dead film series. I really dont like the story of it all, except the last film, Rave to the Grave. I dont like zombies that rises from their graves or zombies that exhibit intelligence (like talking or shooting guns). I know it is the original concept of zombies, but it just doesnt appeal to me.

On the other hand, movies that tells a story about virus that turns people violent/people that hungers for human flesh that is transmitted through blood/saliva is what I really like. Movies like 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later, Zombieland, etc. World War Z is a good one but the literal waves of zombies are really corny. What I like about it is Brad Pitt :lol: Just kidding. I like how they make their zombies attracted to sounds and that they dont show any sign of intelligence. They could have made it better. I also like the two Quarantine movies, especially the second one. Shaun of the Dead is a good zombie movie too :grin: I really want to watch Cooties, it seems good and funny, but I still cant find a copy of it.

I havent watch Zombie Strippers yet, but I also want to watch it... for the laugh :lol:

I really hope they make a GOOD Left4Dead movie. Just make sure it will be GOOD.

I think I have a good chance of survival in zombie apocalypse with slow zombies (like TWD zombies). But I dont know about the fast running zombies (like 28 Days Later zombies). I would always stay in a group, but never to trust anyone fully. That's what I've learned in watching too much TWD :lol: