1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favorite gay/lesbian jokes?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mickey, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Hexagon

Okay, that is the funniest thing I've ever read.

In response to the concerns about offensiveness, I have mixed feelings when it comes to jokes. I would NEVER censor jokes, as I believe in free speech above anything else, but when it comes to whether or not I like them, it really depends on what kinds of stereotypes they're exploiting. If they are based on stupid or untrue stereotypes, such as "x group is stupid" then they're both not funny, and not a joke I'd expect to come from the mouth/keyboard of a decent person. If they're based on stereotypes that are good, neutral or just things that everyone finds amusingly quirky, then go for it. And really, most of these jokes aren't really based on stereotypes at all. The one I quoted above, for example, is what, based on the stereotype that lesbians sleep together? And yet its still funny. I wouldn't find a majority of these jokes offensive, even if they came from a straight person.

#61 Hexagon, May 26, 2013
    Last edited: May 26, 2013