1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fallen for a straight(?) girl

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Phoenyx07, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Phoenyx07

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm friends with this girl who knows and accepts me for being queer. I have been able to visit her lately and hang out, and she gives me the most confusing signs ever.

1. I feel like she's really touchy but she could just be being nice. She'll ask to brush my hair and lay next to me on her bed, she cuddled with me on a bean bag etc. If I lean on her shoulder she doesn't mind, but that could just be a friend thing.

2. I don't know if she's straight or not. She has a pin with a pride flag on it in her room. She makes gay jokes. Once I said "that's gay" to some joke she made. I didn't hear her that well but it sounded like she said "I'm gay so?" I was too nervous to ask her to clarify and I don't know how to bring it up without being awkward.

3. She gives me really gay vibes. Not to fit in stereotypes, but the way she acts and the things she does sounds like she's trying to flirt with me. She watches shows with queer characters.

Sorry for the longish thread. I may be overanalyzing things but it sounds like she is a gay and likes me. And if she is, I don't know how to ask of bring it up! Any advice?

rktonks likes this.
  2. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Since she already knows you are queer I would just straight up ask her out, she seems like she would be pretty chill about it, regardless of her own feelings.

rktonks, xenu and Phoenyx07 like this.
  3. La Corbeau

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I mean she is giving off pretty strong signs that she's gay, so I agree with Linning. Ask out a girl you like. Life is made to be lived.

rktonks, Phoenyx07 and BerryFun like this.