1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eyy

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MasterDylan2005, Jun 30, 2017.

1. MasterDylan2005

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Eyy so i'm new here and i want some tips on how to come out as trans to ur parents
    My mum has brought it up 3 times in the past month and said it's fine but i feel embarrassed saying yes to that
    question...

Tips?

2. BoltYourBirds

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    'Ello there! Welcome to EC! I'm new as well, and everyone here seems super nice, so don't be afraid of us. I think I'm the only one who bites...

As far as coming out to your mum, if she's saying she'll accept you and that it's okay, then you could just tell her. If you're not comfortable doing so, then you're probably better off waiting for a bit, until you feel more comfortable. If your family is as accepting as your limited information suggests, then it's really only a matter of when you feel like it's right to come out to them.

Cheers,
    Birds

3. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello MasterDylan2005! Welcome to EC!:slight_smile:

If/when you Come Out to your mom or anyone else is entirely up to you. You should feel that you are ready and comfortable doing so - not be pressured into Coming Out. It's great if your mom seems to be accepting, but if the time is not right for you, then don't Come Out yet. If your issue is mainly one of not being able to say it, then maybe write her a note or a letter to explain things and give it to her.

Just some thoughts.

#3 Quantumreality, Jun 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2017