1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Extroverts and introverts

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Tightrope, May 6, 2018.

1. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's what I am. I'd be an outgoing enough introvert. I become outgoing when I get comfortable around certain people or friendly people with whom it looks very easy to make small talk. I prefer to socialize with other introverts, but it's tough when they are overly introverted. I notice that if I feel like I've be ON for a couple of hours, such as in a group of people, I feel drained when I leave the event or meeting and need time alone.

kkou likes this.
  2. normalwolverine

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm an introvert who actually prefers extroverts. For me, introverts are more intellectually stimulating, which is a big deal to me--and that's not to say that introverts are more intelligent, but extroverts and introverts have different conversational styles when you get both of them talking, and I prefer introverts there. But I have never been able to maintain a friendship or a relationship with an introvert. It's hard to explain--I am definitely introverted, I am not an ambivert or anything...but I think I almost kind of shift roles depending on who the friendship or relationship is with, i.e. I am more of a typical introvert around extroverts. With introverts, it always feels like I put all the work into the friendship or relationship, want to interact more than the other person does and care more about the friendship/relationship than the other person does. With pretty much all the introverted friends and exes (i.e. not during the relationship) I've had, it was the case that if I didn't contact them I'd never hear from them again. And this was even in situations where I was not just annoying or unwanted to them, I know.

I just like the effort and pursuit extroverts put into me...especially the thought of a gorgeous woman doing it.

And extroverts don't really wear me out--with one exception to be explained--because I don't allow it, and that is the key with them. They're not going to talk me into doing too many things I don't want to do or going too far outside of my element, and the extroverts I have kept around have been able to accept that. The ones who can't accept it, I don't fool with. The exception is family members. Half of my family is extroverted, and they are the most annoying kinds of extroverts (i.e. need constant attention, talk non-stop about absolutely nothing, try to annoy you on purpose, need to go out all the time, love drama, and you can tell them to their face to leave you alone/they're annoying/you just need alone time and they're not going to stop or go away until they're good and ready or you push them out and lock the door (have had to do this millions of times)). And, being family, I can't really not deal with them. But, yeah, there are different kinds of extroverts and introverts.

sparki and kkou like this.
  3. Biguy45

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I always thought I was an introvert but I think I’m probably just a misanthrope

BMC77 likes this.