1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Explaining myself?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Koan, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Koan

Koan Guest

Hi all,

So I am finally thinking about starting to come out of the closet. I will start with my sister who I know will absolutely accept me. She has been fairly active in support of LGBT rights (why I haven't come out to her before is a bit baffling).

My main concern is explaining my feelings and thoughts around gender.

I mostly feel gender queer. I have just about zero bodily dysphoria. I dont mind my pronouns. I like being male, but I also like to express myself in a feminine way. I do enjoy crossdressing, but it doesn't feel that important (it feels more important when I don't crossdress). I like a femine clothing style for sure, but not like I need to go out in full dress.

Mostly I feel like I couldn't care less about my gender (if society would let me without repercussions).

So how does one come out a non-binary who doesn't seem that dysphoric? It is not like I plan to make huge changes to my life after coming out.

2. Zarc

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey!

I think the best way would be that when you feel ready, just engage in a real conversation and break the news. The best way is always stating it casually and with ease. Since your sister seems pretty supportive, i guess she will be very understanding and will promptly accept you.

If you have a healthy relationship with your sister i guess it will be very easy to explain your feelings to her. I would say that break the news in stages and not in one go. Otherwise, there may be a chance that you overwhelm your sister.

Give her some time to react and think it over. Once she is comfortable with your coming out you may start to share how you feelings and thoughts about gender to her.

Hope this comes to your help. :slight_smile:

3. Koan

Koan Guest

Thanks.

Some good advice there :slight_smile: