1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Experimenting with Anal Toys

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Krm2090, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Krm2090

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I’m a straight male, but I’ve been thinking a lot lately about experimenting with men (and have done so a tiny bit, but that’s for a different post). Right now, I’m really interested in experimenting with anal toys. I was looking for advice more generally, but also some advice related to my first attempt two nights ago.

I bought a bunch of toys, and two nights ago a started with a set of butt plugs. I read up a bit, used lots of lube, and tried not to move faster than I should/do anything that felt painful. And I pretty much had no pain at all. I worked my way up to kind of a medium sized one, and in general felt quite comfortable. (As an aside, I also really liked it, peaking my interest in further play.)

But even though I felt no pain during, my asshole was super swollen the next day and hurt a bit . Theres even still some discomfort this morning, the second day after. Which surprised me given that I didn’t feel like I pushed myself that hard. I don’t know if i had them in too long on my first attempt (maybe over an hour total) or if it has to do with a history of hemorrhoids (though I hadn’t had any at the time or in a while). Does anyone have any advice? I have a fantasy of working up toward much bigger toys, but I want to do it safely obviously.

Thanks!

Bill1959 and MironFahie like this.
  2. StillHorny

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe back off a bit, this time being satisfied with smaller. Working your way from small to larger is a good idea, tho. Also, our tolerance is unique. Not everyone can take a monster. One more thought. It could be the lube you're using (s/b water-based) and the toy might be made of something you're allergic to. Vinyl has a bad reputation. In fact, this last item seems like the likely candidate. Have fun!

MironFahie and Shorthaul like this.
  3. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am going to agree with StillHorny in that perhaps the lube or the toy might have something in them you could be slightly allergic too or just causes some discomfort/irritation.

MironFahie likes this.
  4. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You said you used lots of lube, but did you reapply lube as you continued to experiment? When using toys or bottoming for an extended period of time it will be necessary to reapply a generous amount of lube to avoid drying out (something you don't always recognise at the time).

StillHorny and MironFahie like this.
  5. MironFahie

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Buy hemorrhoid ointment and apply it on the head of the silicone penis.
    Believe that all sex toys are made with one orifice of another, no one would get gas in the stomach.

StillHorny likes this.
  6. Snowqueen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Guess it takes some time for your body to get used to the new sensation, I was sore a little bit the first few times and some days it just wouldn't happen at all. Use plenty of lube, relax and take it easy, some people can ride a monster, some can't. Size isn't everything, but big does feel mighty good.

StillHorny likes this.
  7. Revive

Revive Guest

It has been said here already, but take it somewhat easier. If it's swollen, you could be allergic to the lube. No worries tho, I'm allergic to some of the lubes too, you just have to read what's in it and buy a different one - if that's what caused the swelling tho

8. Spatula

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Never had swelling and I've bottomed a decent amount. Even when I first started trying assplay on my own (at a fairly young age, long before I ever came out), it was pretty easy and there were no issues.

Hemorrhoids can happen with bad lube or overly rough play though.