1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ever feel too late to the game..?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Xc220, Nov 14, 2017 at 8:52 PM.

1. Xc220

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Now I know it may seem stupid to say, and while I'm not what would be standard seen as "old" or anything like that, but has anyone ever felt that they are late to the game in terms of accepting that they were gay? I'm 29 and sure enough I always knew that I was gay because I was attracted to males from my teenager years but coupled with so many other problems and things going on in my life, I subdued these feelings and just told myself it was stupid and sure enough there was the added pressure of the family environment with a Dad who wanted a football loving, manly son, and then my brothers who were just all that but I was far from it. Any who, it wasn't until I was 23 that I actually accepted what was and decided to explore the world that I knew I belonged to and had longed to know and understand. In doing so, because I was so inexperienced, I threw myself in to it all and got the experience over the years. But you know as you get older, you sort of change and the NSA world, while great, just doesn't appeal as much and you start to favour dates, getting to know someone and all the sorts. Now while that's great, I just feel that that's the future now. I mean as much as I know I am not old, I am in terms of the gay community. Also, I ain't the best looking in any way and it's really always been my body that has gotten me attention. I keep it up but it's not going to always be so good. I just think how I could have done and experienced so much during my college years and the years after, had I just accepted what I was. I look at younger guys and sad to admit, I'm slightly jealous but it's just because I see that they all started at a younger age and have so much ahead of them. Even the guy I'm seeing now is 3 years younger than me and I think how if he left me it would be nothing to him and when we talk about our pasts, I just feel a bit inferior. Insecurity rearing its head I guess...but like over the past year I was in and out of relationships which was something new for me to do and I even think how that was a waste of time because sure nothing came of it and it's time I ain't getting back and could have used to learn and do so much more. I dunno, I mean it sounds pathetic but I had so much of my life being afraid of people and any sort of attraction interaction and then when I think I've done so well, I hear how others have done it all ling before I started. Anyone else just ever have similar feelings?

2. Biguy45

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I’m really late to the game. I’m 45. I know I missed out on a lot

3. Ruby Dragon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm 29 myself, and feel the same way you do. It's like I'm missing out on something. I'm an introvert and homebody, so I don't get to meet new people, unless it's through friends. So don't feel like you're alone. I think many people on here, and even offline, can relate, regardless of gender or sexuality