1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Even Saying "I Am Trans" Gives Me More Peace Than I've Ever Felt

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by AshThePoet, Sep 9, 2021.

1. AshThePoet

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Am I the only one who when they tried to be cis was angry and depressed for years till I broke, then accepted my transness and seemingly changed overnight? I mean just last week I was going off the deep end now I feel more healthy than I've ever felt in my life. I was considering going into a job that would ruin my chances of going to college (60+ hour weeks) because with all that was going inside of me I felt too weak to talk to rude customers. Now however just resolving this one issue of gender identity by saying "Hey Ashley men don't ask God to start life over as a woman" I am going to be able to become a teacher like I've wanted to for while. I guess what oi mean to say is that even though I know the road ahead is harder than that of a cis man I also know it is a thousand times easier than that of a trans woman trying to make herself a cis man. I feel relieved and alive for once in my life and I know it is worthe living. Anyone else please share how it has made you feel to acknowledge your gender identity.

2. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It made me feel really good and happy, but the same time I’m also terrified, because how society sees it and how my family and friends react to it. The aknowledgment didn’t happen overnight for me. I always had these thoughts and ignored them and when I one time randomly thought about it again, then it just stuck to me. These ideas seemed so riddiculous to me. I was just crying and shaking and feeling heavy and not good in my own body. After that I started tracing my childhood, everything seemed to fell into place and I started to feel better and it felt like it was meant to be. These are just my own experiences though. Everyone are different. The term trans was even unfamiliar to me, before aknowledging everything.

AshThePoet likes this.
  3. staticinmyattic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It sounds like you’ve had a very positive change of mindset. Congratulations! It feels good, doesn’t it? Deciding to examine and accept my own gender identity openly and with acceptance has done more to improve my depression in a few months than anything I’ve ever tried before

4. AshThePoet

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    That is great to hear!

5. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am happy for you. Gaining peace is wonderful.

I had this problem and when I broke I broke very badly.

I felt very much this way. For me though it was not an instant fix, I have PTSD (likely C-PTSD) and still have difficulties dealing with life though it is much much easier than living pretending to be someone that I am not.