1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Estrogen before 16?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Cert, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Cert

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi.
    I’m a 14 year old trans girl, and I’m going on Lupron Monday! However, the doctors talked to me about the effects, and I’d be surprised if I were able to pass with just this. Everyone in this area is obsessed with being 16 to get estrogen, but I really have trouble with waiting that long. Does anyone know if there’s a good way to get HRT a little sooner?
    P.S. I live in SE South Dakota, if that helps.

LaurenSkye likes this.
  2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wicked cool that you know you're trans this early in life.

I don't really know about hormonal transition at that age, but I bet if you talk to your current doctor, maybe they could give you the best answer on when starting estradiol is appropriate.

3. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm in agreement with all of this. I think physically, this is a great time in your life to transition, as your body is transitioning to adulthood anyway. While, I'm no expert, I imagine transitioning now may be better in the long run, before your body becomes very masculine. And it really all comes down to medical experts as to what is best for you. Good Luck!

4. Jenniewo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm 14 as well! I'm currently in the process of finding a gender therapist! If my doctors decide to give me Lupron, I'm sure I won't have a negative reaction as I've been on it before for separate reasons. But, when regarding your question, I believe you should definitely ask your doctor or maybe a guidance counselor at your school if it's easier for you.