1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

End of the Road RP

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by ForNarnia, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Babe

Isobel looked shaky, "Im not feeling well, Im sorry. Can you just let me out? You don't have to wait or anything just," she covered her mouth with her hand and held her breath as a wave of nausea hit her. "Just I forgot I don't do well in vehicles. Thank you for helping me, but please let me out."

Wow how terrible could she be? These nice people picked her up and here she was only slowing them down. Maybe if she got out now, she could still find shelter before the storm caught up to them. The car had lent her a couple of hours. She would make good use of them.

2. Cinis

Cinis Guest

" Hey, are you doing ok?" The girl on the seat next to her looked almost as if she was going to have a panic attack. " Emmett I think you really need to stop the car." "Fast"

---------- Post added 12th Oct 2016 at 10:02 PM ----------

" Not one for asking questions? " the smile that had been momentarily cracked when she answered came back into his face again. " Maybe you're not asking questions but you're definitely looking for answers. Would it have been so much better if I had the decency to lie about my name like everyone else?"
    He was assessing the woman internally for a second. She was oddly direct and seemed to have complete power in this place. On top of that she was intelligent.
    But why should he care? If she had a secret back room for dealing with bandits or doing even more obscure stuff like every second bar did nowadays that was hardly any of his business right now. If she had any dirt on her it could even become his advantage if it came to any conflict in here. Having blackmail was always a way to ensure people were telling the truth after all.
    His posture and expression tightened as he reached into the pocket of his leather jacket to get out a batch. He showed it to her. "Mikael Ellis. International Crime Division."
    " I'm searching for someone named Kilian David Spross. Red hair approximately 1.85 tall tattoo on the right shoulder. His sister Annemarie Theresa Spross was allegedly seen a few towns away from here so there is a chance he is somewhere around here."
    "So...have you seen anyone that fits this description around here lately?"

3. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Emmett stopped the car. He seemed concerned, but really, he was worried about not making it to Lena's before sunset. He was in the middle of the desert with two total strangers, and they were burning daylight.
    He sighed, unable to bring himself to just drive off.
    "We can wait, if you'd like."

4. Babe

Isobel practically fell out of the car and heaved on the side of the road. She stared off into the distance where the sun was slowly descending towards the horizon. There were maybe four hours until sunset, possibly a little more. The line of storm clouds hadn't grown since midday when the strangers had picked her up, and the wind wasn't yet reaching them. But Isobel could see dust storms behind them, and they wouldn't be long to catch up.

"Im sorry," she said again. The blonde teen wiped her mouth and turned around. "My parents used to call it speed sickness. I don't think I can handle another four hours. How far away from the bar are we? It's ok to leave me here, I've always managed on my own."

5. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Lena pouted, before bursting into laughter. "Seems to me like you're the one looking for answers, Mr Ellis."
    She snapped her fingers. The small, dark haired girl who had been serving drinks beside her stood at attention. "Yes, miss Lena?"
    "Fetch my telephone, would you, darling?" The girl scurried off to the back room, returning with an extravagant old phone. The type you put on a hook. Obviously chosen more for the aesthetic than the utility, considering the fact that most of the bartenders had mobile phones.

She picked up the phone and dialed a number in silence. She looked at him again with those piercing eyes and put the phone to her ear. "Annie? There's someone here for you."

---------- Post added 12th Oct 2016 at 09:31 PM ----------

Emmett gritted his teeth and turned to look at the road.
    "Dammit." He muttered under his breath. "Are you sure?"

---------- Post added 12th Oct 2016 at 09:31 PM ----------

(Heading to bed, see you guys tomorrow)

#65 ForNarnia, Oct 12, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
  6. Cinis

Cinis Guest

God, Mika hoped that smoking was allowed in this bar. He was used to being in charge and this woman was driving him nuts. Damnit.

-----------------------------------------------------------

While the discussion about whether or not to stop the car was still going on Anree could feel her phone vibrating in the pocket of her slightly oversized jacket.
    Couldn't they have stopped the car by now? She really didn't want to have a phone conversation while being in a car with two people who could hear what she was saying.
    Hesitatingly she picked up. With the situation everywhere being as it was phones were pretty safe for any kind of communication nowadays. The end of the world had redefined everyone's definition of crime after all.
    "Annie? There's someone here for you." was what the voice on the other end of the speaker said.

7. Babe

"Im sure," Isobel said with finality. "Thank you for everything. I hope you get where you're going."

She retrieved her bag from the back seat and shut the car door. Her plastic poncho crinkled as she pulled the canvas sack on to her shoulder. The wind blew, a gentle gust that caught her hair, lifting it into a frizzy halo as she walked around the car. Isobel walked off the road. No point in getting out of the car if she was just going to keep going that way, Right? Plus heading directly away from the storm was her best chance of outrunning it.

Isobel didn't look back.

8. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Emmett nodded, watching her walk away. He struggled with himself for a minute, before heading to the back of the car and checking his stash. He sighed quietly in relief; It was all still there.

Picking up strangers. Idiot. You'll get yourself killed.

---------- Post added 13th Oct 2016 at 07:15 AM ----------

(Plot twist 0.0 Awesome :slight_smile: )
    Lena put down the phone and nodded at him firmly. "If she doesn't come, blame yourself, not me." she turned to head into the back room door, adding an afterthought to her statement as she left. "If she doesn't talk, no-one will. No-one likes a grass, sweetheart." she winked and exited.
    How over dramatic can one person be?

9. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
  10. Cinis

Cinis Guest

Anree looked back at Isobel through the car window. Would the girl be ok? Could she reach a shelter before the storm was coming? Under normal circumstances she wouldn't have left the girl alone out there in a time like this but she had other places to be right now. That phone call had given her a new objective a new hope that maybe not everything was lost. She looked at Emmett who still looked a little restless even after checking everything double. He wasn't unreasonable in doing so thieves had upped their game significantly when food became rare in some areas. Emmett had been extraordinary nice by helping her and the other girl, most other people would have expected a trap set by bandits and driven on when seeing a young girl alone here in the dessert. She promised herself that she'd make it up to him if she ever had the chance.
    " In which town is that bar of your friend exactly?" She asked. She had to get to that government guy. Talk or meet with him even if nothing else worked. He wouldn't get anything from her she wasn't a traitor but she needed his information. If her brother was still alive than she had to find him. He was her brother after all. " because it seems like I've got to be somewhere myself." She said holding up the phone.

(You made me look up grass. Learning new things everyday ^^)

#70 Cinis, Oct 14, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2016
  11. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    (Welcome to the land of British slang :wink: Haha, sometimes I forget that people from other countries don't say stuff like that)

"Poble Fantasma" He replied. "I think they used to call it York-something before, but Lena renamed it." He shook his head.

"You looking for somewhere in particular?"

12. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
  13. Cinis

Cinis Guest

( every slang word is good for my English so....)

" No." she smiled "that direction is perfect."
    All she needed to do was avoid meeting the guy directly. The risks of that were to high.
    She wondered wether Lena would help her on this one. After all everyone that helped her was at risk themselves and Lena had saved her life once already.
    What a funny coincidence that her companion would have a friend of the same name here. But that must have been just that...a coincidence. How high was the likelihood of two strangers meeting by chance having the exact same goal after all?

14. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    "I hope that girl's alright." Emmett smiled, looking around for something to lighten the mood, his eyes settling on the sky. "Almost sunset. We should be there in less than an hour."

I need a drink. No, my stomach hurts. No more. Need it. Now. Stop now. Stop the car. It's in the boot. Just one. It won't hurt. Set up camp, just one more day.

Emmett's face told little of the conflict within his head.

15. Cinis

Cinis Guest

Less than an hour... Anree let her hand wander briefly over the knives and the small gun hidden underneath her jacket like a silent prayer.

She watched the landscape outside the car until the faint lights of the city were visible in the distance. The tattoo on her right shoulder seemed to burn itself into her skin. Her time out in the desert wandering was over. It was time to wake up and fight.

#75 Cinis, Oct 15, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2016
  16. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    (Ambivalence is ill, but he asked me to include him as an NPC until his return. Hope you get well soon :slight_smile: )

Lena watched as Butch went about his duties in the back room, leaving the stranger behind. He didn't seem himself today. Perhaps she would ask him about it.
    SMASH!
    A glass toppled to the floor, slipping from Butch's hand as though he'd forgotten he was holding it.
    Strike that, she would definitely ask him about this.

Butch reached down to sweep up the glass, but Lena stilled him by raising a hand. "Let me."
    Butch looked shocked. It was very rare that miss Lena herself would offer her help.
    "Wait in my office, Butch. I'll be along shortly."
    Butch paused for a moment, shocked. Was this all it took to push her over the edge? When people went up to Lena's office, they didn't come out - not alive, anyway; On more than one occasion someone had come flying through the glass window that overlooked the bar. He couldn't help the hurt he felt, either. He really thought she liked him.
    Lena rolled her eyes, sensing the panic he was feeling. "Butch? Relax. You're not in trouble, sweetheart."

A few minutes later, Lena entered the office to find Butch, stood at attention in front of the sofa. Lena's office wasn't too flashy, in fact, she barely used it. The walls and lights were a dark crimson, an eerie version of the back room. The only furniture was an expensive dark leather sofa, and an oak table. In each corner, there were portraits of Lena and a man Butch had never seen before, and red plants and flowers edged the room. Lena smiled and motioned for him to sit down, joining him on the sofa.

"So, what's on your mind, Butch?"
    He shook his head. "I don't know, I just slipped up, I didn't mean to- I'm sorry."
    "Stop panicking." Lena gently placed a hand on his arm. "I'm not angry. Just tell me what's bothering you."
    Butch looked defeated, and mumbled out something about a boy. "It doesn't even matter."
    "What did this boy look like?"
    "Cute." He blurted the word out before he could stop himself, causing Lena to chuckle. "He's pretty tall, and he has these pretty brown eyes and-" he growled in frustration. "And he's compromising my ability to work. I'd understand if you didn't want me around anymore, miss Lena."
    Lena looked at him incredulously. "Am I that much of a dictator that you think I'd throw you out?" She sounded like she was hiding how much that hurt. "Tell me more about him. Who knows, I might be able to find him if he comes in again. I'll call for you to serve him, and you can pull yourself a tall bloke."
    Butch smiled widely. He definitely didn't look like a 'Butch', Lena noted. He had such a cute smile. This guy would be lucky to have him.
    "He has short, dark hair, and this adorable blue sweater that he always wears when he comes in..." he spoke about him for the better part of ten minutes.
    "What's his name, Butch?"
    He smiled like he couldn't stop himself. "Solomon."

(Bloke - Man. Pull - getting with someone. 'On the pull' means going out, for the purpose of hooking up.)

----------------------------------------------------------- (NPC: Established. Boom :slight_smile: )

Emmett squinted ahead. He could just see the town on the horizon. Maybe thirty minutes left.
    You could be there in ten if you stepped on it. Shut up. Just a suggestion.

"So, where abouts are you from?"

#76 ForNarnia, Oct 15, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
  17. Cinis

Cinis Guest

(those words I already knew :lol: )

"Nevemburg." she said. It was far enough from her actual home to be unsuspicious but she had been there long enough to answer any questions should they come up. "You?".
    She didn't feel like making much conversation right now and any information given out could be a gamble with her luck.
    She had considered briefly to contact someone for backup but they probably wouldn't be here in time. Besides: less people less information.

---------------------------------

Mika breathed out a cloud of smoke before throwing his cigarette into the nearest ash tray. The woman leading this etablissement still seemed shady at best to him but he felt secure in what he was doing. There was a scientific research center nearby, close enough that some people that worked there came here frequently. The state cared a lot about the protection of anything that could solve their little problem where the world was ending nowadays. If anything went wrong there would be a bunch of highly trained government personal to back him up.
    He lightened another cigarette and waited.

#77 Cinis, Oct 16, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2016
  18. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    (Haha I thought you would, did it just in case though :slight_smile: Sorry if it came across badly)

Emmett smiled. "Never been. What's it like? I came from a little place called Churchton, tiny place, I never really got out much."

Just 30 more minutes. Half an hour. Two quarters. Ten minutes three times. Just keep talking, don't think about it.

---------- Post added 16th Oct 2016 at 05:04 PM ----------

Lena returned to the front room, a proud smile still lingering on her face. She sighed, looking at the small LCD screen above the bar. 200 days left. 199 soon. She wondered if he'd ever come back. They'd never seen eye to eye, but they cared about each other nonetheless. She'd hate for his last memory of her to have been some useless argument.

19. Babe

It was getting dark far too quickly for the day to be ending. The taste of electricity lingered in the air, and Isobel could hear the patter of the rain behind her, just minutes away from swallowing her up into the storm.

Some would say that she shouldn't have gotten out of the car, but Isobel felt that whatever journey she was meant to take wasn't with those folk, generous as they proved to be.

It seemed her journey may be ending. Hard to say if she'd make it out the other side of the storm clouds, hanging low and swollen with rain from some far-away body of water. It loomed over her like a predator, wisps of water swept by the wind striking her back like slobber. If she didn't make it, that would be ok.

But it wasn't Isobel the storm wanted to consume, it was the land itself. The rain didn't strike the ground so much as saturate it, the late drops splooshing into the pools of mud being formed beneath the body of clouds. Slowly the desert ground was being consumed, chewed up and digested into soup.

The rays of the soon-setting sun slanted through the curtain of rain, highlighting the droplets as they came down. It was captivating, enough so to convince Isobel to stand her ground and watch as the maw of the storm approached.

Her eyes followed the streams of light to the east where they met a dark shadow in the storm. Isobel furrowed her brow and focused on it. As she stared she began to make out two blocky eyes and a toothed grimace. As the first drop of the storm splashed her between the eyes, Isobel realized that the shadow was a building, à house no less, and more importantly, it was a shelter.

Looked like she wouldn't be dying today after all.

20. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    As they drove through the empty town, Emmett peered through the window, scanning for the building. There were no people around, and not a single light shining from any window.