1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

End of the Road RP

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by ForNarnia, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Babe

Isobel stared up at him blankly. A car. Neat.

"Depends. You alone? Should I become a poster child for 'Stranger Danger?'" As she groused, Isobel gathered her things. Her backpack clanked slightly, that would be the crowbar and her (empty) canteen. She didn't actually care whether this person was an altruist or a sadist. But there was one thing she did want to know.

"Where are you going?"

2. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Emmett chuckled. "The bar. Always a good option. Place called Lena's."
    He ran over his supply count in his head. 1 day's drive. He should have enough to make it there.
    "This is Anree." he motioned to her, beside him in the passenger seat, "and I'm Emmett. So, how about you?"

#42 ForNarnia, Oct 11, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
  3. Babe

Isobel craned her neck to see the girl on the passengers side.

"Gotcha. Any chance you're heading away from that?" She tilted her head towards the grey line of storm clouds. "My name's Isobel by the way. I'll tag along to stay out of the rain, but I'm not a people person." She shook her hair over her shoulder and held the strap of her bag protectively. "Fair warning."

4. Snow

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Blake walks down the road. I could go for a drink. Blake walked past a bar the previous day, hopefully there is some good stuff there.

5. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    "Well, I'll drop you off wherever, I guess. Just got some business to attend to at Lena's first." He grinned.
    "I'm not so much of a people person, myself. Always asking questions, I find. Where are you headed?"
    He unlocked the doors. "Get in, I'll take you there."

6. Babe

Isobel murmured a quiet thank you as she climbed in and pulled the door closed behind her.

She arranged her stuff and fastened her seatbelt, taking her time before she answered. Then, in a voice barely over a whisper, she replied, "I want to see if there's an end of the world."

(The bandit returns!!! Just missed Isobel though xD look forward to seeing you at the bar)

7. Snow

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    (The bandit. Mwahaha...be sure to save some tequila.)
    The bar is in sight. As Blake walks towards it, the door closes. Someone else is there. Blake takes out his gun and approaches the building. He hides around the side and peeks cautiously through a window.

8. Babe

"I know it sounds silly," she sighed, looking out the window, "but with so much strangeness in the world, and we all know that I do not use that word lightly, I figure that if I walk far enough there has to be something to see. At the same time, I know how fantastic it sounds, so really if I died along the way I wouldn't be too put out."

She snickered, "can you relate? Not being too put out by death? I guess it's not really a topic for company, which isn't a problem usually seeing as I don't keep any. You're very nice, opening your car to a stranger. Thank you again. We should probably go if your bar is more than a day's drive away. Can't get caught by the storm. We could sink."

9. Snow

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Blake sneaks around the bar to a door around the back. He silently opens it and steps inside.

10. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    (Hey, Pisciness, are you in Lena's bar, or somewhere else? Just checking.)

Emmett out hit foot down, turning up the volume of the music slightly. They should reach Lena's by nightfall. He glanced back at the strangers, wondering if it would be impolite to ask questions.

11. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    (I'm gonna assume so, so I'm gonna put up a description. :slight_smile: )

Despite seeming empty and abandoned on the outside, Lena's was anything but. Through the tinted, mirrored glass and past the heavily soundproofed walls, Lena's was the type of place that made you forget the world outside had fallen to pieces.

The front room was a lounge bar, lit dimly by the neon lights that ran along the edge of the slick, black bar. The tables, too, were made of a silky black material, and rimmed with purple neon light.
    (Imagine Castor's bar from Torn, only darker, and purple, and with tables instead of a dancefloor.)
    But the front room, though pretty, was not the reason people came to Lena's.

The back room had much more going on. The walls were bathed in red light, flowers lined the edge of the room, and everything was draped in red cloth. It was less of a room, and more of a hall, it seemed to go on for miles. Exposed red beams reflected red light overhead, but more than that, the room was filled with podiums.
    And on those podiums were people.
    Dancing.

At the back of the room, by the door through which Blake entered, was the main stage, and standing there, in all her glory, was Lena herself.
    Her dark red hair contrasted slightly with her deep crimson burlesque dress, and she was singing a parody of 'Whatever Lola Wants', only she'd replaced 'Lola' with 'Lena.' She thought that was cute.

#51 ForNarnia, Oct 12, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
  12. Cinis

Cinis Guest

( Since Ghost and Valence still aren't RPing and Isobel and Anree have a similar "let's just let the world end"- attitude I thought I'd include someone that's somehow trying to do something about the end coming)

Mika sat down in the shiny purple lit bar. He pushed his motorcycle goggles up in his hair that was either bleached or a very light color by nature.
    Mika grinned up at the red haired woman behind the bar who was beautiful but with too much make up for his tastes. " One beer please"

13. Babe

(*silent screaming* that bar is so hecking cool)

---------- Post added 12th Oct 2016 at 10:30 AM ----------

(Im sure ghost and ambivalence will be here eventually:rolle:slight_smile:

---------- Post added 12th Oct 2016 at 10:36 AM ----------

Isobel leaned her head against the cool glass of the window and lost herself in the scenery.

The dust bowl became a brown blur, barely broken by shrubs or god forbid a cactus. If she blinked of focused on one spot, Isobel couldn't tell the difference between it and the place she was picked up.

That incredible sameness coupled with the near constant bumping and jostling of the wheels on the cracked road began to make Isobel very very nauseous. How long had it been since she'd ridden in a car? Long enough to forget this feeling.

Isobel leaned forward, slightly green around the gills, and tapped the shoulder of the woman in the passenger seat.

"Umm...."

(*crosses fingers and hopes I didn't confuse the model of the car*)

#53 Babe, Oct 12, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
  14. (Sorry, about the delay; I do intend to join this RP if you'll have me, and I have been following along. I'll make my starter post tonight at the latest. Rest assured, your theorist will make an appearance today. Cheers!)

#54 Ambivalence0219, Oct 12, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2016
  15. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Lena smiled back at him, and gestured for a dark haired guy to pour him a drink. Butch, his name badge said.
    "Thanks, sweetheart." Butch smiled and returned to the back room. He didn't look like a Butch. More like a Damen or something. The outfit he was wearing was... Unusual. Most of the bartenders wore some kind of leather something or other, and more than a few were armoured. Some of the accessorised with weapons belts and knives, but Butch was keeping it simple with a spiked belt and collar. Good for him. His black shirt was slung haphazardly over a stool behind the bar.
    Lena smiled, her green eyes burning into his. "You must be new here, sweetheart. I call the shots, they serve the drinks." She gestured towards the bartenders
    "Might I ask your name?".

16. Cinis

Cinis Guest

(so the character stays anyway? Kay then)

Mika grinned at the woman "My name is whatever you want it to be , darling" Giving his name out in an etablissement like this didn't seem like a good idea. Who knew what kind of people came here or if the woman leading this business had any bad intentions. One could never be sure these days.
    "You wouldn't have seen anyone suspicious around here, would you?" It still couldn't hurt to ask.

17. GhostStories88

Out Status:
    Some people
    (I'll post soon as well! Probably later today.)

18. Babe

"I think I need to get out. I'm sorry, can you stop the car?"

Ohhh walking seemed like such a luxury right now, She missed it. Free Isobel 2k16

19. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    (Butch is gone, I just wrote a description of him.)

Lena grinned. It was an odd grin, neither happy nor friendly, but not threatening or eerie either. There was just something... off about it.
    "Only everyone who walks through the door. You, for one. The way I see it, someone so protective over their name must have something to hide." She was silent for a few seconds, piercing eyes gauging his reaction. "But I'm not one for asking questions."

---------------------------------------
    Emmett frowned, slowing the car down. "Are you okay?"
    He tried to remain polite, but in his head, he was angry. Only a few hours away from his destination, and yet another delay. Some bugger up there must have it in for him.
    I could always just keep her in here. If she causes too much trouble, I could always kill her. If the other one kicked up a fuss, it's not like she could tank a shotgun shell to the face. I wouldn't even have to stop the car.

He shook of the intrusive thoughts plaguing his sleep deprived mind. Almost there.

20. GhostStories88

Out Status:
    Some people
    (Oh by the way my character's name is now Nadia)