1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

End of the Road RP

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by ForNarnia, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Cinis

Cinis Guest

Anree looked down on the weirdly calm man sitting on the fire. Something about his relaxed posture made her lose her grip on the knives a little. Should she really kill this guy? He didn't look like he belonged to any scientist or state organization...and he seemed almost....friendly?
    "I'm not your love" she finally replied in an observatory tone, cocking her head a little.

---------- Post added 10th Oct 2016 at 11:31 PM ----------

(there's an official day counter? XD)

#21 Cinis, Oct 10, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2016
  2. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    (Yeah, just an idea I had. I doubt we'll ever make it to the end, but I thought it'd add a sense of urgency.)

Emmett chuckled. "Just a saying, love. No harm meant by it." He yawned and looked around at the slowly rising sun.

"You're not gonna rob me, are you? I mean, you don't seem like the type, but these days, you never can tell."

3. Cinis

Cinis Guest

She smiled "No, but I could be persuaded to if you have something really worth stealing for" she tucked her knives back.
    " Where are you headed to anyway? There's nothing here but sand."

(I was actually thinking more about only 14 days or so left when I saw your description. 200 days is half a year...not long but...a decent amount of time)

4. Babe

(I like 200. Good, round number)

5. Cinis

Cinis Guest

(soon it'll be 199..not round number)

6. Babe

(Rifp but at least it won't be 13 for a good while)

---------- Post added 11th Oct 2016 at 06:13 AM ----------

(And what do we think the odds are of that bandit coming back?)

7. Cinis

Cinis Guest

(wait for 13 days left being a Friday 13th )

8. Babe

(O no this give me a spoop)

9. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    (I was thinking of making it really short, but I decided 200 because people tend to make the days really short on survival RP's for some reason, unless something big happens)

Emmett smiled, removing his hat so she could see his face and placing the shotgun he had hidden under his coat back in the boot of his car.
    He was young, and had blonde hair. It looked as though it had been dyed dark brown at one point, but it had grown out to the point where his roots were more visible than the actual due.
    He had a ring on his lip, and a stud in his left eyebrow. Also, he seemed to be wearing eyeliner. He looked like he'd been through an emo phase as a kid that had never truly passed. Despite his otherwise unkempt appearence, his face was smooth as though he had recently shaved.
    He waved a hand at the empty space on the ground beside him, his painted nails catching the light of the fire, clearly visible due to his fingerless gloves.
    "Take a seat, if you'd like. The fire is warm." He looked down, clearly dodging the question. His eyes shot back and forth and he shook his head, seeming to change his mind.
    "I'm headed to Miss Lena's. A friend of mine used to work there. Always said I'd go, but..." He waved it away. "And you? I wasn't expecting to see anyone else out here."

10. Cinis

Cinis Guest

Anree hesitantly took a seat. A quick check on her right shoulder confirmed that: no the tattoo was still not visible after the movement. It was an unfounded fear but one she just couldn't shake. Him handling the gun reminded her of Thalia. Lia who had thought her to shoot a gun with her short hair and her cocksure smile. Lia who had never been hers to begin with. Lia who was most likely dead now.
    "Just traveling to the next city" , it wasn't a lie technically...she needed to get water somewhere...
    "We can travel together for a while if the area is so full of bandits. I'm not too bad at fighting"
    Maybe it would be good to have company again even for a short while. Maybe she could still do something. If she could help this guy then she would have a goal again. Then maybe not everything she ever did in her life would turn out to be useless.
    Anree looked up to Emmett a little flicker of hope fighting the apathy in her eyes as she waited for his reply.

#30 Cinis, Oct 11, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2016
  11. Babe

Isobel listlessly chewed a piece of jerky as she walked. She always kept a couple packs on hand, but she suspected she'd run out before the end of this road. It was fine, she didn't care for the taste anyway.

The smear of darkness brightened and grew as the sun rose behind her. If she were any good at judging time, she would be able to tell that it was around nine in the morning. Since she's not, she judged that she had been going for about three hours by the ache in her legs.

It was time for a break. Isobel sat down in the middle of the road and brooded on the approaching storm clouds. Rain could be dangerous, especially in places as parched as this. Hopefully one of those buildings would have some wooden furniture. And tools. But not likely....

---------- Post added 11th Oct 2016 at 09:20 AM ----------

(Yeah Im terrible at keeping to a reasonable time-table ^^; but fear not: an effort will be made!)

12. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Emmett nodded. "I can't see why that'd be a problem. Let's do it." He looked up at the sky before jumping to his feet suddenly and rummaging around in the boot of his car. He pulled out a bottle of water, and hid the rest of his stash beneath the blanket once more.
    There wasn't much, but he didn't plan to be on the road for much longer.
    He had more booze than water, now. He was sure that wasn't a good sign, but he didn't really care. About 30 bottles were strapped into an old toybox in the back, beside what once was a twelve pack of water bottles. There were only four left now - three, he amended, handing the bottle to Anree.
    His food supply was pretty scarce, too. Three or four ration packs, a tub of butter and a half-eaten packet of crackers.

Lena'd look after him once he got there, for a price. Emmett was lucky enough to have 'found' the supplies he needed with relative ease.

"Here," he smiled, "Are you hungry? I've got some food in the back, if you want." He narrowed his eyes. "Don't rob me."

#32 ForNarnia, Oct 11, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
  13. Cinis

Cinis Guest

"Thanks" she said taking the water hesitantly. Wow this guy was nice. "I'm not really hungry. And no I don't rob people...." Was there such a thing as moral left on this planet? If a man steals it's wrong. But if he is starving...doesn't he have a right to live too? Just like the man he was stealing from. Doing the wrong thing to be right...or just doing the wrong thing believing to be right. After all this time she still couldn't tell the difference. Maybe people like her were always meant to be wrong to begin with. People who dreamed of becoming saints always had to end up sinners.
    "What's your name by the way?" she asked.

14. Babe

(*sigh* if the bandit guy doesn't post anything by tonight, could Isobel wander over to you guys? Sorry to impose)

15. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    (Yeah, sure :slight_smile: Come join the fun :wink: )

---------- Post added 11th Oct 2016 at 05:11 PM ----------

"Em-" he seemed to catch himself, and shook his head slightly. "I'm Emmett. Sorry for my caution, but you know how it is. It'd be just my luck to get robbed or killed this close to Lena's."'

He slid his hand under his shirt, massaging his shoulder slightly. It was a habit of his, and one that often made people think he was pulling a gun on them. "And you are?"

16. Cinis

Cinis Guest

Emmetts movement made her eye him suspiciously it then why would he pull a gun out now when he already had a chance to shoot her and didn't?
    She briefly considered lying but came to the conclusion that it wouldn't matter anyway. As far as she knew she wasn't particularly known or searched by name so it wasn't incriminating to let him know. " Anree " she replied "My name is Anree."

---------- Post added 11th Oct 2016 at 07:24 PM ----------

(yup come join the fun. Otherwise it would just be us two doing stuff with everyone kinda just existing)

17. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    "Anree" he repeated. "I like it."
    He looked up at the sky, and then at his watch. "Guess we'd better get going. No sense waiting around here all day."
    He looked at the fire, and the bottles surrounding it, and shrugged. "I think I'll leave this burning. If it's still going by nightfall, it might help someone out."
    He reached into the boot of his car, pulled out a bottle of beer and opened it, setting it beside the fire. "Anyone who ends up out here tonight needs this more than me."
    He laughed and held out a hand, an offer to help her up.

(Hold on, Babe, the cavalry's coming :wink: )

18. Cinis

Cinis Guest

(maybe see her on the side of the road while driving?)

---------- Post added 11th Oct 2016 at 07:37 PM ----------

Anree took Emmetts hand and got up. Time to get going. Without meaning to she could feel herself starting to smile.

19. Babe

(Y'all are so nice god bless )

20. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    (That's the plan.)

They drove in silence for a few minutes before Emmett switched on the radio. The speakers gently hummed with the sound of his favourite Def Leppard song. 'Just a knockoff of Zeppelin', his mum would say. He chuckled to himself, singing under his breath.

Just then, he saw someone sitting at the side of the road. Emmett slowed the car and turned down the volume as he approached. Deciding the person was not a threat, or so he hoped, he stopped the car completely and rolled down the window.

"Need a lift?"