1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Elder Scrolls games!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by ErickWolf, May 31, 2020.

1. ErickWolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Any of yall played any Elder Scrolls games? If so, what ones do you like and why? What's yalls preferred play styles, classes, etc?

So far I've played Skyrim and Elder Scrolls Online. And in both of them, almost all of my characters are khajiit. I mean hey, I like cats lol. And khajiit are my favorite Elder Scrolls characters. They're pretty relatable in a lot of ways. And I like their aesthetics and also their general culture and attitudes.

I used to play a ton of Skyrim, but I don't have it on my new computer yet. I played a lot of ESO too but haven't played nearly as much lately since I went from being busy with school and friends to being busy with other things. On both of them, I've played kind of a mixed-class character. I like flexibility and jack-of-some-trades stuff, I find playing a specific class way too limiting.

In Skyrim I did sword-and-board and sword-and-magic, mainly healing and fire magic. I also had ridiculously high archery and stealth skills, which I had a lot of fun with. At some point while exploring and trying to get to the College of Winterhold, I was going thru some mountains, and I accidentally fell into some dungeon/cave (I forgot the name) that I could only get out of by going thru it. I was not prepared lmao.

But I ended up seriously upping my stealth and archery in there, and somehow getting out in one piece. The grand finale was when there was a big cave room full of chaurus, and to avoid getting swarmed and totaled, I picked them off with arrows while in stealth. I don't think I took even one hit in that last part! That was a lot of fun lol and I'm glad I didn't have to try to restart from whatever save point I'd had before I fell in there.

In ESO, I play pretty similarly, but there's some differences ofc because of how the games work differently. I play a grey khajiit templar who's sword-and-board, heavy armor, and uses fire and healing magic. Archery is my 2nd skillset/skill bar for him; unlike in Skyrim, I use those skills a lot less. And because I can do sword-and-board and magic at the same time in ESO, that's what I do.

2. Vesta

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've played 3, 4, and 5. I always play as a Dark Elf. I really liked the immunity/resistance to fire, though the ancestor ghost wasn't very helpful at the best of times. Plus they always were the stereotypical stealth race, and I liked playing stealth. Granted in Morrowind that was quite a fair bit harder, because a lot of the mechanics were different.

In 4 and 5, there was nothing better than sneaking up to groups of people with maxed stealth. Stealth kills were pretty much a one-hit kill whether it be with sword or bow. I loved the introduction of traps in 4, which were then developed further in 5. It added a lot more depth to dungeon runs and exploration.

I've never tried any of the other races, despite how long I've been playing TES games for, I think I'm just too glued to my Dark Elf stealth characters.

3. Kyrielles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Goddd I loved Skyrim and ESO is still great. I have like 4 characters on ESO, my main I play as a tank, heavy armor, one hand and shield. Have a high level light armor wood elf healer too I play with often. On Skyrim I played hardest difficulty with a medium armor using a mace and shield through the entire game.

Really really hope the next one isn't online and more like Skyrim though and of course they can keep ESO going and I'll still play it. Great games.