1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EC too negative for me

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by newgirl31, Mar 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheCatLady

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nooooooo!:frowning2:((

2. Alaya

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I haven't been on this forum long and I know I don't post a lot but from what I've seen of your posts newgirl you give really good, inspiring and detailed advice so I hope you come back once you've taken your break. :slight_smile:

I realise you're probably gone already but I think you should know that even newbies can see how good you are giving advice.

3. photoguy93

It's sad that you are taking a break, but you need to help yourself if you see this is something you want to do. I think EC can be a good resource, but I think we need to take a page from your book. EC is negative and kind of driving on a different path. I try to be supportive and help others - but so many of the threads are "how do you find a bf/gf....What's sex like?........do computers really stay on?" (Ok, that last one was a joke...) but seriously. Not that these questions are bad, but I joined in hopes of finding a community that was connected and knew how hard it was to be LGBTQ. I expected support threads and questions. now, it seems like we fight over the stupid shit. There's always some grand debate over something and feelings usually get hurt. I hope we can get to a place where we can get along and help each other...

4. photoguy93

See, the problem is that this is a chat room/forum that just happens to have a good support network and a set of moderators who have some sense. I looked through the base forum section, and more than a quarter was related to "chat." If this isn't a chat site and is ONLY for support, then we need to ban the chat room, chit chat, and all forms of entertianment.

Pret is opinionated, but he's been one of the people on here who has welcomed me. He's always been friendly and will listen; it's quite cliquey here and I don't feel like I fit in.

If there is going to be one almighty right answer, then we really are up a shit creek without toilet paper.

5. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Since this thread is not going anywhere productive, it is being locked. If you have any concerns about this, post in ATS or PM a staff member.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.