1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EC Merchandise - Shop Open For Business! - See post #129

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Grof142007, Mar 17, 2008.

1. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Re: EC Merchandise

Paul, I don't know if you want to consider a U.S. company but this might be an option too. Define Normal (www.definenormal.net) is the company owned by the "pregnant man" that I posted about a few days ago and his wife.

2. Ty

Ty Guest

Maybe it would cut the costs of shipping if Becky operated the shirt's thing on the North America side of things ? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

If we used a US company we'd need you or one of the mods in the US to handle the shipping, unless the company can post them direct to customers individually for us.

I don't want to order from a US company with delivery to me in the UK then post them from here as it would increase the cost (and it would be silly if I then posted some back to the US).

Items for UK and European orders could be sent to me in one box and I could post on individually from here.

Can you contact them and see what they can offer, Becky? We're looking for a logo like that above without the door, so three colours of embroidered text (I'll PM you the link to the PhotoShop file if they need it). Probably on the left chest. T-shirts, vests, hoodies and other stuff that people have suggested (depending on what they have available). Probably white and/or light grey. Ideally they would need to be able to mix-and-match so we could order say three hoodies, four t-shirts, a couple of vests etc of different sizes in one order.

I am generally thinking of ordering as we get orders (in whatever the supplier's minimum batch size is) rather than keeping any stock. This would mean it could take 2-4 weeks to satisfy orders but it keeps the price down and avoids waste.

4. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight

Well I know they are out of town right now. Probably avoiding the media blitz about their news story. I will e-mail them though. Maybe they are checking e-mails.

5. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight

Can you send me that link Paul?

6. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I'll PM you.

7. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight

Well I don't think we're going to get Define Normal to do our t-shirts. They have a closed for business sign on their door. I hear Oprah is paying them $750,000 for their story so who knows if they will be going back to their business or not. So I guess we should look at other options.

We might think about using Cafe Press. People can go there and order there t-shirts and we wouldn't have to worry about shipping at all. They do all that.

8. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I don't think JubMedia will allow individual members to just take a copy of the logo along to a t-shirt printing shop and get their own shirts done. Especially now it is a registered trademark. It would have to be done in a structured way.

If Cafe Press can be provided with the logo formally, so members can then order an EC t-shirt without needing to take the logo, and we get sales figures and maybe a bit of commission, that would probably work for the USA. It doesn't help the rest of the world though.

I will make some enquiries here next week. I held off until you got a response from Define Normal.

9. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight

Paul, that is exactly what Cafe Press does. We supply the logo and then people can go there and order anything they want from "our" store. We choose what we would like to have in our store. They do ship internationally and its only a couple dollars more than shipping in the U.S. People that live close to eachother could combine orders and save more on shipping. It's a thought.

10. biisme

I have been on cafepress before and I love the different styles they have there. It would also be a way for people outside the site to see the logo (in a search about GLBT material) and perhaps hear about the site.

11. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

That sounds really good Becky. I like that approach as it relieves us of having to handle the administration, payment, postage, store website design etc, and it is all done officially and using the correct logo etc. It sounds ideal. :thumbsup:

I have asked Seth for a PhotoShop file of the EC logo with the (R) added. Once I have that (or have done one myself if they don't have it) we can look at what products we want etc.

12. InaRut

Can there be EC merchandise that could be SECRET Ec Merchandise lol.

>_> For us closeted people.

13. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I could sell you a plain t-shirt as a secret EC t-shirt! :wink:

14. biisme

hahahaha....u need a shirt/sweatshirt w/ the logo printed on the inside!

or...we need a mascot or something ambiguous to use :slight_smile:

15. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I like the idea! However, me is poor and 50 dollars are a lot of money :frowning2:

16. Stevie J

haha that's actually not a bad idea...

it could be just a plain white tee and then change colors. either only in the sun, or in black light.... or maybe like those barbies, it could be something that changes when it gets wet

17. Paralyzer

How about.. a picture of Paul's cat on the front of the shirt (since I think that'd be a nice mascot for EC :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)
    And on the back it could say in nice Arial letters, "Paul's cat is my homeboy"

That'd be ambigious right????
    certainly would confuse people.. but you could tell them It's a random shirt you found :slight_smile:
    Maybe you could put a small 'EC' somewhere to help highlite the shirt or something.. but idk

18. Zūn Jìng

Zūn Jìng Guest

We need EC sheets and Pillow Cases!

19. Jerr

Paul's Cat is my Homeboy....

Gold... pure gold. lol

I want an EC Shirt!

20. Byte

Saweet! I'd be all for an EC shirt. It could make for some good conversation. ^,^